Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Middle of the night waking
RE: Middle of the night waking
I have been getting up, and I do some stretching and sit in the lazy-boy. Sometimes I fall asleep there, sometimes I go back to bed. If I didn't have to get up for work at 5:30 am, I would probably get back to sleep most nights, but 3:30 am is sometimes too close to my wakeup time. I am seeing my doc this coming week, so I guess I can ask her about it, but I am hoping my sleep will improve on its own, now that my work situation is less stressful.

Thanks for your comment!

(02-08-2015, 01:14 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I second what RT said. If I wake and can't get back to sleep right away, i get up and read forums or some other non-exciting stuffs. Wink I also drink warm chamomile. After I begin to feel drowsy, I go back to bed. I think it is a matter of clean sleep hygiene to get up rather than lay there awake. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't been able to sleep more than 5 hours at a time for years. I usually wake up after about 3-3.5 hours of sleep. Prior to starting CPAP 6 weeks ago, I would struggle to get back to sleep, often never getting back to sleep. My sleep patterns haven't changed all that much since I started my therapy, however more often than not, I've found that I have been able to get back to sleep within 15 minutes, which is encouraging. However, lately my insomnia has returned in some ways, in that occasionally I will have trouble getting back to sleep.

I'm not happy with my AHI level, it's averaging a little over 6.0 since I started and I think an increase in pressure is inevitable. Maybe that will help break the pattern and allow me to stay asleep longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I slept an extra hour last night (or maybe a bit more), so I got close to 8 hour sleep! I certainly feel more rested. Thanks for all your advice. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job March.... Keep up the good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
Post Reply Post Reply
I will do my best! I still feel somewhat tired today, but then it's cloudy and minus 15 Celsius out, so that doesn't help. The temperature has not gone above minus 5 in several weeks....
Post Reply Post Reply
3+3 sometimes = 8
I often awaken in the middle of the night and get back to sleep quickly and feel better than I do sometimes when I get 7-8 hours of seemingly uninterrupted sleep. My sleep is often unpredictable. Sometimes I feel great even when I don't think I slept very well, and the opposite is also true. I wish I could find the secret ingredient for consistently sound sleep that results in feeling great the following day. CPAP improves the situation but doesn't solve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know what you mean!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 10 151 1 hour ago
Last Post: Valtor
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 294 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  [CPAP] Persistant night waking - Oscar results help please philjones 0 160 03-07-2024, 05:39 PM
Last Post: philjones
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  Waking up often Omenislost 3 263 03-01-2024, 10:51 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Anxiety dreams all night and waking up anxious Clementine39 1 193 02-23-2024, 02:10 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 310 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.