Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Middle of the night waking
RE: Middle of the night waking
I have been getting up, and I do some stretching and sit in the lazy-boy. Sometimes I fall asleep there, sometimes I go back to bed. If I didn't have to get up for work at 5:30 am, I would probably get back to sleep most nights, but 3:30 am is sometimes too close to my wakeup time. I am seeing my doc this coming week, so I guess I can ask her about it, but I am hoping my sleep will improve on its own, now that my work situation is less stressful.

Thanks for your comment!

(02-08-2015, 01:14 PM)DariaVader Wrote: I second what RT said. If I wake and can't get back to sleep right away, i get up and read forums or some other non-exciting stuffs. Wink I also drink warm chamomile. After I begin to feel drowsy, I go back to bed. I think it is a matter of clean sleep hygiene to get up rather than lay there awake. Smile

Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I haven't been able to sleep more than 5 hours at a time for years. I usually wake up after about 3-3.5 hours of sleep. Prior to starting CPAP 6 weeks ago, I would struggle to get back to sleep, often never getting back to sleep. My sleep patterns haven't changed all that much since I started my therapy, however more often than not, I've found that I have been able to get back to sleep within 15 minutes, which is encouraging. However, lately my insomnia has returned in some ways, in that occasionally I will have trouble getting back to sleep.

I'm not happy with my AHI level, it's averaging a little over 6.0 since I started and I think an increase in pressure is inevitable. Maybe that will help break the pattern and allow me to stay asleep longer.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I slept an extra hour last night (or maybe a bit more), so I got close to 8 hour sleep! I certainly feel more rested. Thanks for all your advice. Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
Good job March.... Keep up the good zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I will do my best! I still feel somewhat tired today, but then it's cloudy and minus 15 Celsius out, so that doesn't help. The temperature has not gone above minus 5 in several weeks....
Post Reply Post Reply
3+3 sometimes = 8
I often awaken in the middle of the night and get back to sleep quickly and feel better than I do sometimes when I get 7-8 hours of seemingly uninterrupted sleep. My sleep is often unpredictable. Sometimes I feel great even when I don't think I slept very well, and the opposite is also true. I wish I could find the secret ingredient for consistently sound sleep that results in feeling great the following day. CPAP improves the situation but doesn't solve it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know what you mean!
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Waking up with interrupted sleep for weeks now.. Jiggy 14 495 12-06-2018, 10:07 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Clue to night waking panic attack in data? willo 6 251 12-05-2018, 10:01 AM
Last Post: willo
  Lot of RERA; waking during night Linnea 12 663 11-27-2018, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth Breathing w/Nose Pillows waking me up isuckatsleeping 14 942 11-17-2018, 03:15 PM
Last Post: Matt00926
  New CPAP user frequent waking Spike9726 16 629 11-12-2018, 12:42 PM
Last Post: Spike9726
  [Treatment] Waking up on BiPap [adjustment assistance needed] rowanbustaman 12 634 10-07-2018, 11:58 AM
Last Post: rowanbustaman
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 397 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.