Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

MidnightThunder therapy thread
MidnightThunder therapy thread
Hi! 

I've been on CPAP for about 6 months. At first I felt a lot better but now I think I have a new baseline. I'm trying to tweak my therapy so that I can feel more rested. I was wondering if someone could help me take a look at my OSCAR graphs to identify places I can improve. The past month I've been feeling increasingly tired, more brain fog and needing naps. A few times a night I feel myself snore/ jolt awake so I'm wondering if I'm having events that aren't long enough to get picked up.

After reading through the wiki and threads here I turned on my EPR to 3 full time and changed my pressure to 7-11. 

Here are 3 screenshots from my night last night. Any advice is welcome! The screenshots show I went to bed at 2:30am but I actually slept at 12:30. It's 2 hours off for some reason. Going to sleep earlier is definitely a goal though. Also I just noticed that I had my machine set to Full Face when I actually wear the Resmed N30i. I had switched the night before because I was congested and forgot to switch back.

Thanks in advanced!

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: MidnightThunder therapy thread
Your pressure swings may be inducing arousals. I would try upping your minimum pressure to 9 cm and take her for a spin.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi! Thank you so much for your response. I bumped up my min to 9 last night and I feel like I slept a lot better, however my chart shows more scored events. The RERAs can be ignored because I was awake just still wearing the mask. For the OAs, I'm still learning how to read chart data, but I believe I saw somewhere events preceded by an increase in flow rate can be dismissed as movement or position change related. The chart also shows an increase in CAs which I'm guessing is because of the higher pressure?

Here are some screenshots from last night. 

Post Reply Post Reply
I raised my min pressure to 11 2 nights ago. I hadn’t looked at the data but I definitely slept better. The only issue was I was still getting pressure change related arousals. Additionally I realized I do experience chin tucking airway restriction. This is especially true on my back, my main sleeping position. I’ve been trying to sleep on my side with my head tilted upwards slightly to keep my airway clear.

Last night I set my machine to continuous pressure at 11 and I slept AMAZING. Super vivid dreams and no arousals from pressure changes. Going to keep these settings for now. Hopefully it wasn’t just a fluke!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Little Olive - Therapy Adventure Little Olive 53 945 2 hours ago
Last Post: jcp519
  MaggieL, Better than a Sweaty Zombie Meat Sack Therapy Thread MaggieL 34 953 Yesterday, 04:56 AM
Last Post: MaggieL
  First time therapy, settings and progress Schernenk 51 709 04-14-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  johnathanb76 - Therapy Help In Migrating to a Resmed johnathanb76 27 471 04-14-2024, 06:29 PM
Last Post: johnathanb76
  sleepingbetterinFl - Therapy Thread sleepingbetterinFl 82 479 04-13-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Wjg's Therapy Thread wjg1 35 801 04-12-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: wjg1
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,963 358,851 04-12-2024, 12:35 PM
Last Post: btreger

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.