Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Migraines disappeared after using BiPAP
Migraines disappeared after using BiPAP
I just thought I'd mention here on the forum that I suffered for better than 20 years with frequent migraine headaches, sometimes they were so bad I would writhe in bed in pain wishing I would die.
I was prescribed Imitrex injections and had samples of pills including Imitrex and Maxalt. I was only allowed so many per month and soon would be out unless I used them only on the worst days.
I ended up in the hospital with cough syncope, seizures and lack of breath. There they discovered that I stopped breathing throughout the night. They sent me to a Sleep Center about 3 or 4 years ago and I soon got my Oxygen concentrator and BiPap machine.

The migraines immediately almost completely disappeared. I may get one every couple months instead of a few a week. They are usually brought on now from overexertion or major stress, but the BiPAP cured my migraine problems. Who wouldda known?
Certainly not my goofy Neurologist. I only need a prescription for pills and usually have some left over now at the end of the month so Hooray! Hope this helps someone as migraines are the most torturous pain I know. :grin:
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Migraines disappeared after using BiPAP
Hi Wheezing in Williamsport,
This is SO good to hear.
Now you can say thatyou are Wheezingforjoy in Williamsport.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Yep Wheezie, who woulda' thought? My sinus "seasonal" headaches vanished too. As did my GERD.... It's kind of nice not hurting so much. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Always amazes me they don't know that as it's right there on the list;

Sleep apnea symptoms at night time include:

Snoring, usually loud and bothersome to others
Gasping for air, witnessed apneas, or choking sensation
Insomnia
Restless sleep

Sleep apnea also can cause significant and sometimes serious daytime symptoms as a result of insufficient sleep at night, including:

daytime sleepiness
nonrestorative sleep (feeling as tired in the morning as before going to bed)
fatigue
frequent day time naps
headaches
irritability
poor memory and attention
confusion
mood and personality changes, such as depression and anxiety
sexual dysfunction
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-21-2014, 12:07 AM)retired_guy Wrote: Yep Wheezie, who woulda' thought? My sinus "seasonal" headaches vanished too. As did my GERD.... It's kind of nice not hurting so much. I mean, if you're into that sort of thing.

Well it certainly hasn't helped your forgetfulness now has it??
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi, Wheezing,

I've never had a migraine headache and I cannot imagine the pain … and the impending fear of a migraine returning. I am thrilled BiPAP has lessened the occurrence of your migraines. Your message will be encouraging for others who suffer from migraines. Thanks for posting!
Post Reply Post Reply
That is truly wonderful news Wheezing and thanks for sharing.
I am a daily chronic headache sufferer and have been for over thirty years so know to some part what you were going through.
Although my headaches have lessened they are still with me on a daily basis.
But any drop in pain has to be good.
May your success continue. Well done and congratulations!
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
I have had bad headaches all my life, and was hoping that pap would end them also. Unfortunately not, most everything else better but have been having way too many headaches as of late. Looks like I'll go in a be put through whatever tests, I think they will want MRI to rule out brain bleeds then who knows what else. I guess the old tough it out routine isn't working anymore so I will give in and see what happens. I'm glad it is working for you, there are a lot of related problems that they don't seem to connect the dots and figure out it is sleep related.
Good Luck!

Doc J (despite my nickname I am not a doctor)

Remember to donate to the board if you can, it has helped a lot of people including myself.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 259 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 422 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  [Pressure] 15 year CPAP user, now with migraines FermentationFan 3 459 07-13-2023, 06:00 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 690 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 522 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,174 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.