Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild - Moderate Apnea - Should I buy?
RE: Mild - Moderate Apnea - Should I buy?
(05-22-2017, 04:36 PM)Yoda1989 Wrote: Hi and welcome!  I'm very new as well, only been on my machine 8 days.  I was diagnosed with an in lab study in 2012 and refused CPAP at the time.  I went out of town in Feb and had to sleep in the same hotel room as my sister and our veterinarian friend who basically went off on me the next morning and made me promise to go back to the sleep Dr.  I did, have different insurance now, they would only pay for a home test.  AHI of 18.5 total or however it works, much worse on my back than my side.  I caved and got the machine.

Is it weird to sleep with? Yep.  Do strange things happen like water in the hose that cause bizarre noises? Yep.  Do I feel like I'm bringing sexy back?  Umm nope.  All that being said, I never ever realized how tired I've been all my life.  I'm 50 years old and have never felt more awake.  The weirdness has been so completely worth it.  I figured out how to download and use sleepyhead and my AHI hasn't been over 2.0 since I started.  This forum has been a wonderful source of help and support.

Glad you're getting the machine.  I really like mine.  I wish you a quick and easy adjustment to this new way of sleeping and many happy awake days!

That's great! I purchased the hose insulator to help with the water, do you use one of those and still have rainout? If it gets really annoying or if it starts going up my nose, I may opt for the heated hose option.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mild - Moderate Apnea - Should I buy?
The hose I have is the heated one - I think the rainout was a function of the fact that I sleep in sub-zero temperatures.  We keep this place COLD at night.  Only happened once and just a bit.  By no means a deal-breaker.  

I think the worst thing about it is if I open my mouth while the machine is on and at or getting close to pressure, the rush of air out of your mouth is just weird.  I have a chin strap bc I know I've been a mouth breather at times at night.  I don't really like it - just too much going on on my head, so  I'm learning to keep my mouth shut.  And my beloved spouse is thrilled by the fact that I'm not snoring AND once I put the machine on, I can't talk because of the mouth leak thing.  Double win for him, as I'm a lawyer and he's complained for 36  years that I never shut up!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 619 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,066 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 495 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mild OSA, fractured sleep - looking for advice rozlt 1 334 01-01-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Frequent wakeups with mild OSA -- help me interpret OSCAR? mcrick 6 700 12-24-2023, 09:48 AM
Last Post: mcrick
  Mild Clear Airway - Advice CharlieNow 16 1,302 11-30-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: CharlieNow
  Can Mild OSA (AHI of 9) + Severe PLMD be Responsible for severe symptoms? gohoos1998 14 884 11-18-2023, 01:06 PM
Last Post: gohoos1998

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.