Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Settings help for an S9 VPAP Auto
Settings help for an S9 VPAP Auto
Hello, I have been using an S9 Autoset for over a year now and it is working well, but I was recently given an S9 VPAP Auto and I want to try it out. I tried to get the instructions from RewsMed but I'm not a healthcare professional so I was blocked. Is there a link somewhere that I can use? Thanks, Jim

P.S. It came without it's own SD chip so can I move my chip to the new machine, or should I get a new chip for this machine?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Settings help for an S9 VPAP Auto
okrobie,

You should be able to the clinical manual for your machine from the appropriate part of this web site.

You will need to think about the settings you want to use on the S9 VPAP Auto. Keep in mind that the combination of EPAP, IPAP, and PS settings replaces the Pressure and EPR settings.

To most closely match your current S9 AutoSet settings, you would use the following settings on the VPAP:
  • PS on the VPAP = EPR on the AutoSet
  • Min EPAP on the VPAP = Min Pressure - EPR on the AutoSet (provided this number > 4; otherwise Min EPAP = 4)
  • Max IPAP on the VPAP = Max Pressure on the AutoSet

I'd leave all the TiMin, TiMax, Trigger, and Cycle settings at their defaults to start with.

The biggest difference between the VPAP and the AutoSet is that PS can be set to something larger than 3. If you want to experiment with that, start slowly with a PS = 4. Keep in mind that for a (very) small number of PAPers, a large PS can have a tendency to trigger some CAs. So if your CAI goes up, cut back on the PS.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aircurve 10 ST-A and Lumis 150 VPAP ST-A just a UK branding difference? SingleH 37 2,239 03-18-2024, 07:51 AM
Last Post: SingleH
Question [Pressure] Returning Auto CPAP user, help interpreting my OSCAR data and pressure settings cpappadoppoulos 3 403 01-25-2024, 09:17 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Auto BiPAP fixed PS vs Auto PS - pros and cons? Stubert 5 584 01-09-2024, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Stubert
  VAUTO Settings vs. CPAP Settings MrIvanDrago 9 828 11-18-2023, 10:29 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  Resmed s9 VPAP auto issue steven7685 0 315 11-17-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: steven7685
  Capabilities of ResMed S9 VPAP for treating UARS TryingToGetItRight 7 635 10-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Last Post: McDee
  Dry mouth with Resmed 11 auto, not with S9 auto? pumpkln 3 596 09-13-2023, 12:46 PM
Last Post: eok361

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.