Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild Sleep Apnea (but still tired)
RE: Mild Sleep Apnea (but still tired)
Thanks fellas. I will give it a try.

Inexplicably, there was a significant drop in events last night with no changes to the settings. Also did manage to have it running for more than 8hrs. Probably explains why I'm feeling slightly better than usual today.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2019, 11:10 AM)brainf0g Wrote: Thanks fellas. I will give it a try.

Inexplicably, there was a significant drop in events last night with no changes to the settings. Also did manage to have it running for more than 8hrs. Probably explains why I'm feeling slightly better than usual today.

My numbers bounce around a fair bit, also without always obvious explanation. 

And yeah, in the end, at this point, the amount of time you sleep will probably be the most important variable.
Post Reply Post Reply
"Trains...because it's never to late to have a happy childhood."

Can I take it that you're a steam buff?  like 

It's nice to see you moving into some success and consistency.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm grateful to see the post here.

But sometimes time asleep isn't quality time asleep.

I've just made real gains in my treatment....using (of all things) a hose reel that I had stopped using some time ago. Big Guy suggested it to me.

I am careful with sleep hygiene. I watch the number of hours that I sleep.That's an important factor.

However, my time asleep featured many disturbances. I *think* that when I moved my hose tugged on my mask. Now using the hose reel again I'm sleeping better.

It's the little details that help me most. And being in this forum really helps. So does OSCAR.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
@mper6794 going to try incrementally increasing it. Rising it a full 1cm at a time was too much when I previously tried with my old APAP

@mesenteria no not really lol it was the most appropriate default profile photo that corresponded with my username

@DaveL agreed. There are (rare) nights where I only sleep ~6hours, but feel amazing the next day. First thing I did was clean up my sleep hygiene before pursuing a sleep doctor. I also felt it was a significant improvement moving the hose from freely dangling to a Command hook on the wall with some string. No more anxiety about moving around in bed.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-02-2019, 03:34 PM)brainf0g Wrote: @mper6794 going to try incrementally increasing it. Rising it a full 1cm at a time was too much when I previously tried with my old APAP

@mesenteria no not really lol it was the most appropriate default profile photo that corresponded with my username

@DaveL agreed. There are (rare) nights where I only sleep ~6hours, but feel amazing the next day. First thing I did was clean up my sleep hygiene before pursuing a sleep doctor. I also felt it was a significant improvement moving the hose from freely dangling to a Command hook on the wall with some string. No more anxiety about moving around in bed.

Excellent!
I like steam too. That's a wonderful picture. (About '52 I was taken aboard every steam locamotive in use in the Halifax NS switch yard. The gentleman who took me was a stoker aboard one of Her Majesty's Frigates in Halifax Harbour, and a neighbour. I love steam
I became a mechanical engineer. I've crawled into high pressure steam boilers (when they're cold) because they were in distress and we needed to find out why.
Casey Jones and others are heroes of mine. I love that avatar.
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
UARS related question for the forum. When scanning through OSCAR's Flow Rate chart and you see a handful of spots where you stop breathing for 6-9 seconds, doesn't get flagged as an event, and the variable pressure remains constant, what should you do?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 10:58 AM)brainf0g Wrote: UARS related question for the forum. When scanning through OSCAR's Flow Rate chart and you see a handful of spots where you stop breathing for 6-9 seconds, doesn't get flagged as an event, and the variable pressure remains constant, what should you do?

Depends why the breathing stopped. Maybe post an example?
Post Reply Post Reply
Think in terms of a moving average. How much Time in "apnea" do you get in a 5 or 10 minute period? Logically there is a threshold, but what is that threshold?

If you have extensive instances of this I would treat them as if they were events.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 10:58 AM)brainf0g Wrote: UARS related question for the forum. When scanning through OSCAR's Flow Rate chart and you see a handful of spots where you stop breathing for 6-9 seconds, doesn't get flagged as an event, and the variable pressure remains constant, what should you do?

Hi,
1_ first, try to see whether is real or artefacts;
2_ central type, or obstructive?;
3_ how often and harmful they are, either by (a) awakening you, (b) lead to moves, © leave you tired;
4_ work on them, as If they were concepted events.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 164 5 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 162 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 215 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 347 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 285 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.