Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild Sleep Apnea (but still tired)
RE: Mild Sleep Apnea (but still tired)
@mper6794 Are you suggesting increasing my minimum EPAP setting to 5.4 so my minimum IPAP is 9.4?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)brainf0g Wrote: @mper6794 Are you suggesting increasing my minimum EPAP setting to 5.4 so my minimum IPAP is 9.4?

... Sorry......not exactly. Before taking a look at some on some 10min-windows, i am afraid i would not be able to suggest any changes on your EPAPmin 5.0 and PS 4.0. 
What i tried to say is just dminish your Pmax to something very close, or even equal, the sum (EPAPmin+PS = 9.0), aiming at avoiding any disturbance (on your already disrupted sleep) of the machine's autoset bumps in pressures when false events are flagged (this appears to  be common in your case, like mine, and in all people with very disrupted sleep). Such decrease in Pmax would be viable because chances of true flagged obstructive events in your case, like mine in current stage, would be very low.
Good luck
Post Reply Post Reply
...unrealized, serious sleep disturbance (in, particular, dificulty in back to sleep after early morning awakenings), due to bumps (due to false FL, OA, snoring) in pressures, jeopardized my therapy for some 3 months or more, until recently when i found out It and properly correct.
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2019, 05:18 AM)mper6794 Wrote:
(10-07-2019, 07:09 PM)brainf0g Wrote: @mper6794 Are you suggesting increasing my minimum EPAP setting to 5.4 so my minimum IPAP is 9.4?

... Sorry......not exactly. Before taking a look at some on some 10min-windows, i am afraid i would not be able to suggest any changes on your EPAPmin 5.0 and PS 4.0. 
What i tried to say is just dminish your Pmax to something very close, or even equal, the sum (EPAPmin+PS = 9.0), aiming at avoiding any disturbance (on your already disrupted sleep) of the machine's autoset bumps in pressures when false events are flagged (this appears to  be common in your case, like mine, and in all people with very disrupted sleep). Such decrease in Pmax would be viable because chances of true flagged obstructive events in your case, like mine in current stage, would be very low.
Good luck

To avoid confusion, Pmax is not a thing; you mean max IPAP ;-)
Post Reply Post Reply
...not exactly...Pmax is that thing you have to set in the vauto or others, ....last brainfog's chart is 14.0....i am suggesting to lower It to 9.0
Gl
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2019, 09:12 AM)mper6794 Wrote: ...not exactly...Pmax is that thing you have to set in the vauto or others, ....last brainfog's chart is 14.0....i am suggesting to lower It to 9.0
Gl

I have no Pmax setting on my vauto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Slowriter, yours, as far as i remember, last posted chart, was 15.0....maybe too high, based on what we have been tallking...i am post something later on this
All the best
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2019, 09:37 AM)mper6794 Wrote: Slowriter, yours, as far as i remember, last posted chart, was 15.0....maybe too high, based on what we have been tallking...i am post something later on this
All the best

I'm just saying that you need to use consistent language or you'll confuse people. You are talking about the max IPAP settting.

And your suggestion is to lower is so it's almost working at fixed pressures.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah no Pmax here. Just Max IPAP. Maybe it is a regional difference if you change which language you use on the device?

Despite misunderstanding what @mper6794 was suggesting, I went ahead and did it anyway and wound up having a decent night's sleep (based off of feeling better than average this morning).

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Update: Increased the base IPAP from 9 to 10cm (range is 10-14) a few nights ago. Had one night with 0.00 AHI and woke up feeling pretty decent. Following nights had higher AHI, but also woke up feeling decent. Feels like I'm heading in the right direction.

Question: are the CAs actual events and if so, should I try to eliminate them? Anything else stand out?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Low AHIs but still tired EntRESTo 0 1 1 minute ago
Last Post: EntRESTo
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 175 9 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  New- CA CA-Tired help with settings advice jenjabba 8 164 Yesterday, 01:03 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 220 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 349 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 609 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.