Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild to no Apnea and using CPAP
RE: Mild to no Apnea and using CPAP
(01-22-2018, 12:50 AM)ajack Wrote: That's a lot better, it doesn't matter for now but the pie chart also uses space that hides some other stats.

Given your apnea is well controlled at low pressure, the pressure 4 could also be treating apnea. It needs some one to advise you there.

are you using ramp? I would turn it off as you are getting some snoring before the pressure rises a bit.

As previously said, I'm still suggesting 6. Half just to get some venting of the mask. If you just put the 16th and 17th chart up, it would have warranted a min pressure of 6 for treatment.

I'm not using Ramp. Do you think  it might be the ERP level 2?
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2018, 09:54 AM)Hojo Wrote: Overall, how do you feel and how do you feel your sleep is?

I think it helps me buts its a very difficult tool to use. Some nights when I'm having problems sleeping due to anxiety it seems to make things worse.
Post Reply Post Reply
Normal is anything less than 5 AHI. You are considered treated while on CPAP with your results. I wouldn't worry about adjusting your therapy at this point. I would do the home test to see what your untreated AHI is. Then you will know whether you need to continue your therapy or not along with talking to your doctor.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-22-2018, 09:14 PM)sonicboom Wrote: Normal is anything less than 5 AHI.  You are considered treated while on CPAP with your results.  I wouldn't worry about adjusting your therapy at this point.  I would do the home test to see what your untreated AHI is.  Then you will know whether you need to continue your therapy or not along with talking to your doctor.

Thank you. I will take your advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
The ramp says it's off but the chart with 6, still has a 20 minute rise from 4. With high flow limit, during that time. It's no big deal but it should just a dial twist to fix it and you might drift off to sleep easier. Perhaps if you change the ramp/start pressure to 6 as well, it will stop this.

Your original sleep study should tell you what the untreated AHI is, If things haven't changed much, like losing 10% body weight. I would guess it will be similar. Your doctor will be the best to follow up with. As others have said, it's not the amount of pressure that fixes AHI. It's the AHI you have without the pressure, that makes bad apnea.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question INTUS Sleep results, mild sleep apnea or UARS? Chimken 1 72 Yesterday, 02:03 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Any Central Sleep Apnea receiving treatment other than CPAP, ASV? ivan007 0 149 04-07-2024, 06:19 AM
Last Post: ivan007
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 792 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,136 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 426 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 1,041 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 540 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.