Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mild to no Apnea and using CPAP
Mild to no Apnea and using CPAP
What do you think of these data points? I cannot afford a sleep study.  Do you think I need this CPAP based on these numbers? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

CPAP Auto - Resmed
496 days with .84 AHI
Min 4 Max 14

Switch off with the following:
SWIFT FX NASAL PILLOW–(LARGE) 61523
Full Face UltraSoft™ Memory Foam Cushion for AirTouch and non-memory foam Cusion
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mild to no Apnea and using CPAP
Basically yes, you still need cpap. There are events that the machine is responding to. Luckily, you don't need that much pressure to control the events. I would increase the min to 6 for apnea and just better air flow through the mask. max on 14

Talk with your doctor, I wouldn't stop cpap without a sleep study or at least an overnight o2 monitor

I would look at how to display a chart so that the forum can help you better. you will see links in members signature on posts about it.

Have a look at this video about sleep disordered breathing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gie2dhqP2c
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Welcome. Unfortunately you have asked a question that cannot be answered from the data presented. Your AHI numbers look very good but do not necessarily indicate that you don't need APAP therapy since they may just indicate that the therapy is effective. They don't tell us what your AHI would be without therapy. You may not need a sleep study but I don't have the expertise to tell you definitively.

Your machine is increasing pressure in response to something so I suspect the therapy is warranted.  You could try reducing the pressure to a constant setting of  5 or 6 and see what results. A constant setting of 4 is not recommended as you will be starved for air.

It would be helpful if your reorganize your data and post it as described in the link below
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the feedback. I added removed the previous pictures and re-posted them based on your feedback. Any additional feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
That's a lot better, it doesn't matter for now but the pie chart also uses space that hides some other stats.

Given your apnea is well controlled at low pressure, the pressure 4 could also be treating apnea. It needs some one to advise you there.

are you using ramp? I would turn it off as you are getting some snoring before the pressure rises a bit.

As previously said, I'm still suggesting 6. Half just to get some venting of the mask. If you just put the 16th and 17th chart up, it would have warranted a min pressure of 6 for treatment.
mask fit http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ask_Primer
For auto-cpap, from machine data or software. You can set the min pressure 1 or 2cm below 95%. Or clinicians commonly use the maximum or 95% pressure for fixed pressure CPAP, this can also be used for min pressure.
https://aasm.org/resources/practiceparam...rating.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
Overall, how do you feel and how do you feel your sleep is?
Post Reply Post Reply
Your pressure requirements are so low and your events are so few that you might not need CPAP. The best way to find out would be to buy one of the on line testing kits and do a home test. I think you can get one for around $200.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
There is no way that I know of from looking at your data that would answer your question since your data is based upon the therapy you are getting. The test is what is your AHI when you are not being treated. For instance, my AHI for the last year is better than your .84 (.59) and my therapy pressures are low (5.6-8.6) yet when I am untreated I have an AHI of 44. So, as others have suggested do a home sleep test and talk with your doctor before stopping your cpap therapy. Congrats on the great results!
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
After seeing your data I take back the recommendation to try a constant setting of 5 or 6 to see if your AHI increases. For most of us that, such a low setting would not be effective but it is clear your apnea is effectively treated at low pressures.  I agree with ajack that you should increase the lower pressure and turn off ramp.

To eliminate the pie chart in SleepyHead select preferences if the file pull down menu, select the appearance tab, and uncheck show event breakdown pie chart. That will allow us to see all of your machine settings.
Download OSCAR

Organize Charts
Attaching Charts

Mask Primer
Soft Cervical Collar

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
The attachments include the data without the piechart. I updated my setting last night  and that is reflected on one of those screen shots. I am interested in taking a home test. What AHI number would be acceptable as being normal? The link below indicates its less than 5 per hour. I'm pretty much always under five with CPAP. I'm at a point right now that I rely on the machine because i've used it since 2015. But its annoying in its own way. My wife appreciates it because it cuts down on the snoring.  

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Study-AHI
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 617 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  TechieHippie's story: "mild" apnea but clusters of SpO2 drops TechieHippie 17 1,062 02-12-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Central Sleep Apnea, CPAP, and rough early mornings middleraven 4 387 02-02-2024, 03:59 PM
Last Post: middleraven
  Sleep apnea monitors without cPAP LVH115 14 959 01-17-2024, 11:01 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Resmed ASV settings for mild sleep apnea and UARS? Gettingbetter33 3 494 01-10-2024, 09:11 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mild OSA, fractured sleep - looking for advice rozlt 1 334 01-01-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: Old Steve
  [CPAP] Questions about CPAP pressure algorithms about apnea charlie4691 5 582 12-27-2023, 11:43 PM
Last Post: Gideon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.