Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Military sleep apnea Noob
Military sleep apnea Noob
Noob here, about to retire from the military after 22 years. Was on flight status so I didn't spill the beans to the doc about my sleep issues until the end of my career (now). The military docs sent me over for a sleep study back in February 2017 after I told him that I haven't slept well for 10 years, and the result was an AHI of 27 - untreated. I've been on the machine for 23 days now (Philips Respironics Dreamstation using large Amara View Mask).  My experience overall has be very positive with the machine, except my AHI has never dipped below 7 the past 23 nights. I got fed up with the low/ineffective pressure range back on the 28th of May, and googled how to adjust my machine and changed the auto range from 5-8 to 6-12 and my average AHI dropped and I felt a little better. My machine reports via cellular back to my doctor for compliance, etc. I have sleepyhead and have been messing around with it, but I'm far from an expert. What do you guys think is going on? I've called my doctor but appointments are pretty far out. I can pull more graphs from sleepy head if it will help. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: (tried to post images of my sleepy head graphs but don't have enough posts on the board to share links/photos.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Military sleep apnea Noob
Work around to add graphs (copy, paste, remove *)

https*://ibb.*co/iwAV0v

https*://ibb.*co/k1AV0v
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi FloridaDreaming - Welcome
This is a duplicate post that I placed in your Off-Topic request.
There is a 4 post minimum to prevent or reduce forum spam. Your posts will count in any forum other than the Off-Topic forum.

My signature below contains some useful links to help..

Looking to seeing your charts.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, I appreciate the help.
Post Reply Post Reply
After viewing your graphs, it wold be more advantageous to see a Daily screenshot. Please use the steps I've have provided below for posting.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will do, back in a few.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, I have four posts (not including off topic) and I'm still getting the alert that I cannot post links/photos until I have 4 posts. I'll try to respond to this fifth post with the graphs and hopefully someone can delete the inane portions of this thread. Sorry to all for the trouble.

EDIT: no joy
EDIT 2: had to "log in and log out" to get it to work. All fixed now! Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: apnea_board_1.jpg]
[Image: apnea_board_2.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
We need the detailed info on the left side of the graphs as well.  While in SleepyHead/Daily screen, please use the F11-F12-F11 keystroke sequence to obtain a screenshot.  It will be a ".png" file in the SleepyHeadData/Screenshot directory.

If you need help follow the instructions contained in: Posting SleepyHead Charts in 5 Easy Steps
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
No problem. I apologize, the mac version of sleepy head is a little different than windows.

[Image: Left_side_board.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 249 03-27-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 357 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 618 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 296 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 75 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 131 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat
  [Treatment] Johnny O's ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto for severe sleep apnea (61 AHI) and OSA, CSA JohnnyO 23 583 03-21-2024, 05:02 PM
Last Post: JohnnyO

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.