Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Min/Max Pressure Adjustment Question
Min/Max Pressure Adjustment Question
Here's a settings question for the experts re: settings on my ResMed AirSense 10 Auto Set.  I am 60 days into my APAP treatment and doing well.

If my minimum pressure (currently set at 8) is being used approx. 30% of my sleep time, and my maximum pressure is currently set at 14, but never exceeds 13.4 and only for very short periods of time at that maximum; and my 95% pressure on my best night is 11, should I slightly adjust my settings to test a lower and higher combination, or should I stay where I am? My AHI has been going in the right direction, with my best night AHI of 2.1 (last night, which included definite wake up SWJ). I had 10 events for the entire evening, with 3 being OSA, and 7 being Clear Airway (less a certain number of SWJ in the AM). Since it looks pretty good, should I leave well enough alone, or should I further fine-tune based upon the above data?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Min/Max Pressure Adjustment Question
The question is, How do you feel?

BTW, we rarely look at the number of events as what they mean depends on the period os time they are recorded in. We use the AHI breakdown to see the balance. And you are in the area where we mostly ignore that and provide corrections based on how you feel. so again. . .

How do you feel? (Critical evaluations only please)
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2021, 09:29 AM)Gideon Wrote: The question is, How do you feel?

BTW, we rarely look at the number of events as what they mean depends on the period os time they are recorded in.  We use the AHI breakdown to see the balance.  And you are in the area where we mostly ignore that and provide corrections based on how you feel.  so again. . .

How do you feel? (Critical evaluations only please)

I am feeling good. I have noticeable improvements in the following areas:  1) less daytime tiredness (except end of day after dinner when I feel that I must drift off in front of TV;  2) fewer nighttime wake ups to pee; 3) reduction in blood pressure; 

So overall, I am doing much better, and I am pleased. I just wondered if there should be any further fine-tuning, or leave well enough alone for now on my pressure settings?  Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
You have indicated nothing negative, thus "leave well enough alone".
Post Reply Post Reply
Sleeper396,
Why are there so many disruptions/breaks in your wave form?  I see at least 6-7 times that therapy was stopped.

Is this something you are aware of? Is there a reason for the machine being turned off so many times?

Curious, because this can't equal a good nights sleep.

Also, when "organizing" a chart, follow the link below in my signature line.  Leave off the pie chart so that more of the statistics show.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ganization

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-08-2021, 09:54 AM)OpalRose Wrote: Sleeper396,
Why are there so many disruptions/breaks in your wave form?  I see at least 6-7 times that therapy was stopped.

Is this something you are aware of? Is there a reason for the machine being turned off so many times?

Curious, because this can't equal a good nights sleep.

Also, when "organizing" a chart, follow the link below in my signature line.  Leave off the pie chart so that more of the statistics show.

That is my primary problem -- sleep sessions are usually under 2 hours, and I have 3 per night minimum. (I get up and have to use the bathroom -- nocturia; however, this is greatly improved from pre-APAP when I got up 5 times per night). I am being treated by a urologist and had hoped that APAP would solve it.  Still have hopes, but maybe it will take time; or maybe I am just going to live with it.  If there are other breaks, those are usually just adjustments -- room too cold/hot, checking my mask, etc. 

Sorry about the post of Oscar. Here's another. Hope I got it right.
Post Reply Post Reply
For that problem, I'd look at Sleep Hygiene.
Post Reply Post Reply
It sounds like a "comfort" issue. Take some extra time before bed to make sure your room is the temperature you feel comfy with. Make sure there's no lights on anywhere to keep you awake.

Gideon mentioned Sleep Hygiene:
Sleep Hygiene - Behavioral activities that either contribute to or detract from restorative sleep. Good sleep hygiene would include activities such as going to bed the same time each night, restricting caffeine intake, and avoiding napping during the day.

Also, you could try some Melatonin (short term) for more restful sleep. Talk to your doctor if you are not sure.

Keep working with your urologist, I'm sure this will work out in time.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, Gideon and Opal Rose. I will examine all of your comments in detail.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW I sleep with the room at about 72 but in the daytime keep it at about 74-75. If it's cooler I sleep deeper and longer. Try it and see how/if it helps.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [CPAP] New to CPAP/APAP looking for Adjustment tips jster71 2 304 02-16-2024, 03:54 PM
Last Post: Old Steve
  Switched masks and adjustment period sleepingbetterinFl 1 218 01-21-2024, 03:11 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Pressure Support Question MrIvanDrago 16 1,280 01-02-2024, 04:55 AM
Last Post: SingleH
  Comfortable adjustment with Evora FFM Columbiabill 3 430 12-15-2023, 10:38 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Isn't Resmed's Expiratory Pressure Relief really Inspiratory Pressure Support?? Reznik 122 18,629 12-09-2023, 12:54 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Pressure] Advice needed with question about inhalation pressure Dawna 13 877 10-11-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Titration Help/Next Adjustment Advice arch 4 539 10-09-2023, 01:31 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.