Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Min. Setting & 95% Pressure ?
Question 
Min. Setting & 95% Pressure ?
How close is your Min. setting to your 95% time pressure?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Min. Setting & 95% Pressure ?
(03-06-2012, 07:25 PM)The Dreamer Wrote: How close is your Min. setting to your 95% time pressure?
Between 2 and 3. I could even set it closer but found that 9 is most comfortable with no ramp or EPR.

Post Reply Post Reply
I went with Min is 95%....but then again it was also my old pressure back when I first started CPAP. So it just didn't feel right starting lower than what I was already used to.

Doctor is like why I don't want to start at lower pressure, it'll be more comfortable. Though sleep tech said in the morning that even though I wasn't having events at one point, I was sleeping pretty rough...and bumping the pressure up one made a difference. But, there's no mention of this in the PSG report.

I don't have any problem falling asleep...its the staying asleep that is a problem....

I don't use ramp or SmartFlex.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
Im about .5 out now, jumping from 9 to 10cm was quite a jolt but starting to get use to it now, tried EPR last night but will be turning it back off as it messes up my readings. My pressure is also around 10-14 so Im going for 10.5cm and keeping it there. hope this helps
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah...that was another thing the doctor/RT didn't seem understand....a 1cm change is a big deal. It took me a couple weeks to adjust when they bumped up my pressure around the 6 month mark.

It didn't take as long to adjust to have C-Flex turned off, but the whole its anticipating my exhale...before I exhale, huh? And, then inhale before I inhale? That just made me very conscious of my breathing and I would breath erratically .... trying to match the machine, which was trying to out smart me...by being first.

Also going down in pressure can be a jolt....

The hard part was that C-Flex on/off is a clinician menu setting...and my prescription said C-Flex, so they wouldn't turn it off. Apparently not the case with Resmed, because a sleep educator friend keeps telling people that they can turn this comfort feature on and off as they desire....

I only used ramp the very first night, it was awful. Because the RT had set it to start at 4 and take 45 minutes. Had she picked a shorter time, perhaps I would've used it more in the beginning. But, RT doesn't use CPAP....though last year, she tried it on once, thought it was going to kill her. Yet she seems to have no interest in patients that are compliant, and no tolerance for patients that just can't get it. Been almost a year since I saw her last....though might have to, because I'm between computers...so can't do data download at the moment (still trying to recover my old downloads first...)
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2012, 09:32 AM)TheDreamer Wrote: Yeah...that was another thing the doctor/RT didn't seem understand....a 1cm change is a big deal. It took me a couple weeks to adjust when they bumped up my pressure around the 6 month mark.

It didn't take as long to adjust to have C-Flex turned off, but the whole its anticipating my exhale...before I exhale, huh? And, then inhale before I inhale? That just made me very conscious of my breathing and I would breath erratically .... trying to match the machine, which was trying to out smart me...by being first.

Also going down in pressure can be a jolt....

The hard part was that C-Flex on/off is a clinician menu setting...and my prescription said C-Flex, so they wouldn't turn it off. Apparently not the case with Resmed, because a sleep educator friend keeps telling people that they can turn this comfort feature on and off as they desire....

I only used ramp the very first night, it was awful. Because the RT had set it to start at 4 and take 45 minutes. Had she picked a shorter time, perhaps I would've used it more in the beginning. But, RT doesn't use CPAP....though last year, she tried it on once, thought it was going to kill her. Yet she seems to have no interest in patients that are compliant, and no tolerance for patients that just can't get it. Been almost a year since I saw her last....though might have to, because I'm between computers...so can't do data download at the moment (still trying to recover my old downloads first...)

you do know about this page, right? you can change anything you want.

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replys !

My Min. setting of 11.5 cm.is about 2 cm. below my 95% pressure.

My AHI is down to 1.63 with my new cpap. I think I'll leave things just as they are.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the same mechine as you. When I first got the machine DME set it up to APAP. I wasn't comfortable with that so i changed it to CPAP.

I also had trouble "mastering" the CFLEX so I turned that off also and have no flex..

Your 1.63 avg is pretty good. I agree,,,leave it alone for awhile.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2012, 12:06 PM)greatunclebill Wrote: you do know about this page, right? you can change anything you want.

http://www.apneaboard.com/CPAP%20Adjustment.htm

I do, but I don't know if my doctor or RT know about it....
Post Reply Post Reply
The tritation study recommended a setting of 6 so sleep doc. thought my minimum setting should be 5 and the upper end at 10. My 95% is at 10 so think I will monitor it another week and see if it holds true. If it does, I'll move it up to 11 and see how things go.

Suzanne
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,173 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 855 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 424 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 2,996 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Mask Type Setting Mpadgett714 1 512 12-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Last Post: gainerfull

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.