Mind If I Complain About Poor Customer Service?
Schnauzers 5 Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: Respironics Rem Star A Flex
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: LT swift for her
Humidifier: Respironics, I guess
CPAP Pressure: 9-14
CPAP Software: Not using software

Other Comments:

Sex: Female
Mind If I Complain About Poor Customer Service?
Blame it on my age, or sleep apnea, whatever....I left my handbag in the baby seat of the grocery cart at wal mart Thursday afternoon. I did not notice it was gone until Friday morning when I went to leave the house. I then knew what had happened. I zipped right over to customer service and asked if anyone had turned in my handbag. The one of a kind turquoise one with the painting of the Schnauzers on it. The girl said no and never said she was not allowed to go look. I also asked for the store mgr who also said no and also did not look. So I believed them and spent my day cancelling a client appt, credit cards, debit cards and even cell phone service. I waited four hrs for police and got a phone call for details. I then called Wal Mart and asked who was working the day before and if anyone recalls seeing the handbag. The guy says oh, he thinks someone brought one in. Yes, it was mine. It really had been there all along because after I left, the mgr went to check and there it was. They don't open the purse to find ID to call me. So it cost me a $25 stop payment fee, ( $110 check from a customer) $100 client cancellation and a whole lot of trouble and worry. I am never going to go there ever again. There is NO excuse for that. I almost bought a new cell phone for $80 and was going to go to motor vehicles ( always a drag and takes hours) to get a new license. GRRRRR. They are so unconcerned and rude there! Ok, I am done venting now. Oh, and at 10AM the store was not busy. I am glad all is fine and no money stolen that I can see, but there is no excuse for ignoring me and not checking.AngryAnnoyed-and-disappointedPerturbedPerturbedPerturbed
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 08:02 PM by Schnauzers 5.)
08-13-2012 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
lonnieb Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Phillips ComfortGel Blue
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 7 - 13
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: I intend to live forever. So far, so good:Steven Wright

Sex: Male

RE: Mind If I Complain About Poor Customer Service?
Sleeping Beauty Turquoise
Blame it on my age, or sleep apnea

no blame it on those silly people they should make sure before telling you it was not there.Sorry for all your trouble,And never go to the tire shop i went there to get a screw out of my tire and wow they had to know everything about my truck it took 15 min's for the guy to put all the info into the hand held and 45 min's to fix the tire ,the place was like fort knox,had any place else been open i would have went there but was yesterday and nothing else was open
Sleep-well
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2012 08:29 PM by lonnieb.)
08-13-2012 08:25 PM
mjbearit Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: REMstar Auto AFlex DS550
Mask Make & Model: RESMed Swift FX
Humidifier: Heated humidifier - 2
CPAP Pressure: 12.5-20
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

Good customer service seems to be a thing of the past, for the most part. I notice it everywhere I go from department stores to restaurants and even grocery stores. Sure, there are the occasional people who are great, but it seems like management no longer requires employees to practice customer service skills as a general rule. I think fast food places are the worst! I don't go to fast food all that often, but whenever I do I prepare myself to get irritated because they are just so rude!

As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
08-14-2012 08:01 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
zonk Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: A10 AutoSet
Mask Make & Model: Activa LT
Humidifier: Integrated /ClimateLineAir
CPAP Pressure: 9/13
CPAP Software: ResScan

Other Comments: CPAP since Nov 2010

(08-14-2012 08:01 AM)mjbearit Wrote:  I think fast food places are the worst! I don't go to fast food all that often, but whenever I do I prepare myself to get irritated because they are just so rude!
What do expect...Pay peanuts (wages) and you get monkeys Too-funny
08-14-2012 05:09 PM
goodonya Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 Vpap Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: yes shut off with water in it
CPAP Pressure: Mode ASVAuto

Other Comments: No longer know the new sleep study instead of a break out of percentage OSA and CSA simply says OSA

I remember the time I learned to always have two credit cards when travelling and thousands of miles from home.
I stopped at an ATM machine, the kind right by a drive up teller window. I did my thing there got some money. I was tired and my mind was where I was going to be not where I was at. I forgot to snag my card before I left.
Ten minutes later at the next place I was going to use the card, OH NO Oh-jeez I hustle on back there. Those machines have a pull the card back in function if some one forgets as I did.

I go in the bank. I wait in line. I talk to the very nice teller. She says,
"Oh yes, I got that card". I start to relax... She is smiling graciously.
" And I shredded it immediately!" Stunned into momentary silence.
And I said, "Why, Why did you do that?"
"Bank policy sir." Gracious smile, "Next!"

I stood there awkwardly for a few seconds feeling the splinters from the 4" by 4" roughcut timber she had just kicked up my ass, but there was nothing to say or do. I left. Whoa, service with a smile.
01-15-2014 05:06 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Bobshouse Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: Resmed S9 Auto
Mask Make & Model: Tap Pap or The Breeze
Humidifier: Resmed H5I
CPAP Pressure: 10 Auto to 20

Other Comments:

Great to vent, helps relieve stress.

Make sure you complain to Walmart Corp, really helps to improve employees.
01-15-2014 01:33 PM
louied Offline

New Members

Machine: unsure
Mask Make & Model: none
Humidifier: none
CPAP Pressure: none

Other Comments:

One of the biggest problems with the development of the modern world is the fact that people have gotten to the point where humans expect something for nothing. People want their loaf of bread today, and the right to pay for it tomorrow, if they feel like it. We have become complacent about the way we act and live. A job is just something we have to do, and there is little motivation to do it well. It is crazy that the most profitable company in America still cannot get customer service to be polite and helpful. It shows what happens when we raise children on Grand Theft Auto and music that encourages individual rebellion.
01-24-2014 12:28 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
rhandel Offline

Members

Machine: Resmed A10
Mask Make & Model: Resmed P10
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: Auto-CPAP
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(01-24-2014 12:28 PM)louied Wrote:  One of the biggest problems with the development of the modern world is the fact that people have gotten to the point where humans expect something for nothing. People want their loaf of bread today, and the right to pay for it tomorrow, if they feel like it. We have become complacent about the way we act and live. A job is just something we have to do, and there is little motivation to do it well. It is crazy that the most profitable company in America still cannot get customer service to be polite and helpful. It shows what happens when we raise children on Grand Theft Auto and music that encourages individual rebellion.

I could not agree more with your comments. I would only add further to the lament that we have become a 'fast food society'. 'A la' do it quicker. This has led to a dependency society. All for the tossing of religion and morals to the curb. My 2 cents.

----------------

On Walmart... There are good and bad Walmarts just as there are good and bad people. Fortunately, I have one of the good Walmarts not too far from home. One where the night manager walks me to a product that we both could not find. It was TOTALLY misplaced in the store, complete with shelf tags.

Good service is not dead. It's merely sleeping. Put on your best attitude and politely demand it of everyone you interact with. Why, just recently, I found a cashier that can correctly identify change after punching in whole dollars. And another cashier that can figure discounts in his head before ringing them in. There is HOPE. :grin::grin::grin:

RAH
05-15-2015 11:31 AM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

Vent away. If it helps you get to a better place, I'm all for it. I agree that good service is not dead. It just isn't everywhere. Keep in mind that upper management usually has everything to do with customer service - good or bad. At some Walmarts, I believe employees are specifically told to avoid customers so that they can get their work done (undermanned), while others are fabulous. I'm just using them as an example.
05-15-2015 11:53 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

I despise going to the store and I avoid it at all costs.

But, the other day, I had to whether I liked it or not. One of the cashiers (60 plus years old) came in from a smoke break (ask me how I know) and she ran to her register and I was at the next register checking out and she ran over me and almost fell on her you know what and she never said oh excuse me or anything. Ironically, I have never liked her before because her son will go running with their big sheep dog (beautiful and very friendly dog) and then go to the grocery store to shop and leave the dog outside with no water and the dog is panting. I went in the store not knowing that she had ties to the dog and I told her the dog needed water and she said nah, he will be okay. THe amount of fur that dog had on him was enough to make him hot without running to the store. Fortunately, as we all stood outside to watch the dog to make sure he was okay, the son came out and took him home. Doubtful they ran since he had purchased groceries. Okay, shouldn't have gotten myself started lol
05-16-2015 02:55 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleep Apnea and Service Dogs PaulaO2 17 9,758 11-07-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  The Hidden Risks of Poor Sleep in Women icyura10 0 238 08-17-2016 07:50 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  poor guy executed by anti-aircraft fire leximorph19 4 665 05-14-2015 10:28 AM
Last Post: LanceC
  Public Service Announcement PaulaO2 8 2,222 10-29-2013 10:33 AM
Last Post: Bompa