Mind If I Complain About Poor Customer Service?
retired_guy Offline

Preferred Members-2

Machine: ResMed S9 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: ResMed
CPAP Pressure: 10.6/14, EPR 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: Is it bedtime yet?

Sex: Male

RE: Mind If I Complain About Poor Customer Service?
One thing to consider is that now, in our litigious society, to protect yourself you would probably need a court order, a number of witnesses, and an independent arbitrator before you open someone's purse to see who it belonged to.

There is that.

Then again, it could just be crappy service.
05-16-2015 01:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Let's take a poll on companies that give the worst customer service.
1) One West Bank
2) Dell Computer
3) AT&T
4) Blue Shield

Feel free to add.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 09:06 AM by justMongo.)
05-17-2015 07:14 AM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

I've actually had GOOD service with Blue Cross. Blue Cross's documentation confuses not only their customer's but their customer service people. Took us 45 minutes to figure out that at my tier, Blue Cross does not cover Cpap or equipment. Why don't they just say that? Instead, it lists 80/20 (but that 80/20 is what Medicare covers, not BC/BS). Aggravating.

I can't report on AT&T as I'm not the one who has to deal with them. No problems that I've ever heard of for us, anyway. It probably doesn't hurt to start the conversation that we've been solid customers for 38 years...
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 10:11 AM by Mosquitobait.)
05-17-2015 10:10 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

(05-17-2015 10:10 AM)Mosquitobait Wrote:  I've actually had GOOD service with Blue Cross. Blue Cross's documentation confuses not only their customer's but their customer service people. Took us 45 minutes to figure out that at my tier, Blue Cross does not cover Cpap or equipment. Why don't they just say that? Instead, it lists 80/20 (but that 80/20 is what Medicare covers, not BC/BS). Aggravating.

I can't report on AT&T as I'm not the one who has to deal with them. No problems that I've ever heard of for us, anyway. It probably doesn't hurt to start the conversation that we've been solid customers for 38 years...

Google: "Blue Shield fined" to see how much they have paid in fines.
To them it's just a cost of doing business. To those they swindled, it was real money perhaps even their lives.

As for AT&T: How much has your bill risen over the past 3 years. Mine increases 10% per year. Does your income match that rate?

"The United States Justice Department opened the case United States v. AT&T in 1974. This was prompted by suspicion that AT&T was using monopoly profits from its Western Electric subsidiary to subsidize the cost of its network, a violation of anti-trust law. A settlement to this case was finalized in 1982, leading to the company's forced split in 1984 into seven Regional Bell Operating Companies."

Well, they have all reintegrated into one company.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 10:56 AM by justMongo.)
05-17-2015 10:55 AM
Mosquitobait Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 For Her
Mask Make & Model: Airfit P10
Humidifier: integrated, Climate line tube
CPAP Pressure: 9-12

Other Comments: RLS and Bradycardia

Sex: Female

(05-17-2015 10:55 AM)justMongo Wrote:  [quote]

Google: "Blue Shield fined" to see how much they have paid in fines.
To them it's just a cost of doing business. To those they swindled, it was real money perhaps even their lives.

As for AT&T: How much has your bill risen over the past 3 years. Mine increases 10% per year. Does your income match that rate?

Each Blue Cross/Blue Shield operates differently in each state. Perhaps ours works better because there is far more oversight by the Attorney General's office. I do not doubt you though. They put up a huge stink when my late SIL wanted to leave the nursing home and return home. They didn't want to pay for the home care stuff EVEN THOUGH it was less than half the cost of the nursing home and all the overnight care was by my brother. Nobody could figure it out, but Florida forced them to pay. I think they wanted her to stay in the nursing home so that all the $$ would then come out of the state budget (after 30 days).

Our bill has not gone up. We have a negotiated package that includes free long distance along with fast internet that was locked in for 8 years (yes 8!). I suspect some mistake since most people I've spoken to locally could only get 5 years. But it says 8 on our contract! Since AT&T is currently replacing a lot of line right now (going from the old lines to the new fiber lines), I'm not surprised that there is an increase unless your state is not benefiting from that improved service. Yes, our bill went up slightly, but that was the Republican tax...er...fees...
(This post was last modified: 05-17-2015 11:09 AM by Mosquitobait.)
05-17-2015 11:08 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

In my state, BS operates as a non-profit. I personally do not believe any entity should have non-profit status.
Profit is whatever an accountant makes it. Their officers make huge salaries while BS denies, delays, and obfuscates the rules.
They belong in prison on RICO charges.

05-17-2015 11:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Sleep Apnea and Service Dogs PaulaO2 17 9,695 11-07-2016 07:18 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  The Hidden Risks of Poor Sleep in Women icyura10 0 235 08-17-2016 07:50 AM
Last Post: icyura10
  poor guy executed by anti-aircraft fire leximorph19 4 661 05-14-2015 10:28 AM
Last Post: LanceC
  Public Service Announcement PaulaO2 8 2,216 10-29-2013 10:33 AM
Last Post: Bompa