Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Minimal SD card data using Respironics BiPaP S/T
Minimal SD card data using Respironics BiPaP S/T
Hi,

I am a newbie to the forum and this is my first post.

For the last 60 days I was using ResMed S9 CPAP and looking at the data with Sleepyhead software. No problems with the software, but the CPAP was doing nothing for me and I was still just as tired all the time. I have some neurological problems with my brain stem and thanks to Sleepyhead software I could show my sleep doctor how I was suffering from periodic breathing and Cheyne-Stokes respiration nightly. That got me a new sleep study and an upgrade to BiPap therapy.

So last night was my first night on the Respironics BiPaP S/T C series with a setting of 12/5 and a backup rate of 10. I slept really well for me, but I felt hundreds of times the 6 seconds would go by without me breathing and the machine would send me a breath. Which in my case, meant it worked to keep my oxygen up and I feel more awake and rested this morning than I have in months.

However I wanted to look at the data in Sleepyhead and all I get is no data found when I navigate to the directory. Specifically the message reads "Couldn't find any new Machine Data at the locations given."

I looked at the SD card data. While there are files written to the SD card, they are only 1 kb in size. and with extensions of .001, .002 and in the p0 directory and extension .004 in the e directory. There are no other data files on the SD card. This is nothing like the amount of data on the ResMed SD card which had many file types and much larger files.

So, I don't think the problem is Sleepyhead, the data isn't on the SD card for Sleepyhead to read. I already got a copy of the clinicians manual, many thanks to the SuperSleeper for the rapid response, but I see nothing in there that talks about adjusting what is written to the SD card.

Any suggestions as to how to tackle this problem?

thanks,
Cashew
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Minimal SD card data using Respironics BiPaP S/T
Hi cashew,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I don't use data management software and I'm not familiar enough with your machine to answer your question; but someone who knows the ins and outs of all of this, will be able to help you soon.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
How long have you been using the machine? The Respironics models give a seven day and 30 day average. If you have used the machine for just a few days you might not have any data yet.
I looked at the info and set up screens for my Respironics and I didn't
see anyway to enable data collection.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've only had the unit a few days, but it appears Sleepyhead can't read the data card. I had the card read on EncoreBasic software and the data is there. So I've found out basic information that I wanted to know, but not nearly as detailed as Sleepyhead was giving me on the ResMed S9.

I'll wait a week or so and try again, but I'm pretty sure the issue is non-compatibility. The Sleepyhead software engineers have done a fantastic job, but I understand that not every machine is going to be supported.

If anyone does get Sleepyhead to work for the Respironics BiPaP S/T, C-series let me know.

thanks- Cashew
Post Reply Post Reply
Same problem here.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know how active the SleepyHead project forums are at the moment, but it might be a good idea to ask there anyway:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sleepyhe...rce=navbar
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,054 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 517 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 252 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Complete Newb trying a Respironics Legacy CPAP for the first time. Dmickey68 5 230 02-28-2024, 03:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Dreamwear Philips Respironics mask altrout 12 783 02-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Last Post: tbhausen
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 673 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.