Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Air is not humid and warm enough
Air is not humid and warm enough
Hi
I'm using the Dreamstation Auto CPAP with Humidifier. (My first month)
My min pressure is 12, but because of my allergies and stuffy nose, it goes up to 16 or 18. 
The humidifier is not keeping up with this high pressure, and it's very annoying and literally waking me up when the pressure goes up. The air is colder and too dry. 
Any ideas?  I was thinking if there is a small heater that I can place near the air intake...  

Thanks!
-Yoel
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Air is not humid and warm enough
I use a ResMed AutoSense 10 AutoSet.
I have a ClimateLine heated hose.  
This machine has a humidifier pot that holds water for humidity control.  A heat plate underneath warms the water to cause it to evaporate.

In the machine's menu I can adjust the ClimateLine tube temperature, called Tube Temp. on the display from off, and from 60 to  86 degrees.

Then there is Climate Control - this is for the humidity.  Either auto or manual.
In auto, the Humidity Level line disappears.  ResMed is now in control.
In manual, the Humidity Level line appears and you can control from off, then 1-8 settings for humidity.  I have mine set on 4.

My settings:
Climate Control - manual
Humidity Level - 4
Tube Temp. - 72

These are nice settings to have.  We turn the heat down to 62 at night and my nose and mouth get 72F air and with enough humidity that my nose and mouth do not dry out.
Post Reply Post Reply
You could try running the humidity setting on Manual and about 5-6 or a number higher than what it's on now. You also can turn up the heated hose setting if you want. There's a hose blanket thing you can buy that may help make the air feel more comfortable and probably a bit quieter too.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the idea.
I have the dreamstation and max humility is 5. I will try tonight on manual setting. I don’t have a heating hose at the moment. Will have buy it and try it.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW manual mode may be enough of a boost to help.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 Humid failed ? tpm1952 6 550 11-17-2023, 10:36 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Equipment] ResMed heated humidifier tubing doesn't stay warm Dr.Bob 8 1,271 04-06-2023, 05:19 AM
Last Post: sauerkraut
  Resmed Airsense 11 very warm to touch with burning smell Sweet72947 0 1,470 08-21-2022, 11:42 PM
Last Post: Sweet72947
Arrow Why does ResMed AirSense 11 stay warm? PaulaBunyan 3 1,490 08-19-2022, 01:40 PM
Last Post: SideSleeper
  Rainout with Climateline and Warm Room Temp. SleepAndBreathe 6 935 09-16-2021, 04:31 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Humidity level during hot humid months... MDHilz 6 1,388 09-18-2018, 10:38 PM
Last Post: Technopauper
  Breath too warm when exhaling Stevie1under 5 2,212 11-15-2016, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Stevie1under

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.