Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

When to Disconnect
When to Disconnect
I usually go to bed around 10:00 - 10:30 and fall asleep quickly. Usually sleep through until around 2:30 - 3:00 and then awake for a bathroom break. I fall back asleep until around 5:00 then mostly toss and turn until I finally get up between 6:30 - 7:00. My question is when I awake the second time around 5:00 should I just stop treatment and take the mask off?  Am I receiving any benefit from trying to continue treatment until I finally get out of bed at 7:00?
   Thank you
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to Disconnect
If I got up that early, I'd have to take a nap in the afternoon.  Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: When to Disconnect
You are getting some rest, or continuing to relax and perhaps problem-solve, but you're not going to continue the therapy....much.  It would be different if you fall asleep for half an hour every other time you 'lie in', but if you're consistently awake and have things running through your mind (I do), it will be no different from reading with the device on and our mask in place.

This is just me, but I am a night owl and am seldom asleep much before 0130.  However, I am awake by about 0640-0720.  The odd time I'll drift off and snatch another 40 minutes, but it is a 15% probability.  I'm better off up with the wife, who has gotten up with the dog an hour hence, and join her for a cuppa and the morning news.  If I need a nap, I won't know unless we're watching TV just after lunch.  If we're doing something, I do not get sleepy and don't need the nap.  But what I wanted to say is that after a week of the same pattern, I take one 5mg melatonin tablet at bedtime and almost always get 7.5 hrs or better.  If I take the pill on successive nights, I never get the same benefit as on the first.  So, I maintain the chemical's potency by using it about once a week to catch up.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] O2 -OSCAR O2 analysis disconnect HenryECole81 4 685 12-04-2022, 12:40 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  [CPAP] hose disconnect stevenphilliplowe 5 891 11-05-2021, 05:59 AM
Last Post: stevenphilliplowe
  DreamStation tube noise wakes up wife if I disconnect. mjrPdqkLguUgGLE 7 1,597 05-16-2020, 04:05 PM
Last Post: mjrPdqkLguUgGLE
  airsense 10 needs a disconnect alarm Inspired 14 7,150 03-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Last Post: sdb7802
  Another F&P Question: Quick Disconnect or broken? 8-) Terry 0 1,097 02-01-2016, 04:34 PM
Last Post: Terry
  [How to] How to Disconnect a CPAP Hose archangle 5 8,612 09-28-2014, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Whitewabit

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.