Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Minimum pressures shown in Oscar v 1.3.0
Minimum pressures shown in Oscar v 1.3.0
I am wondering why the minimum pressures shown in the left sidebar are different than what they actually are . For example in the left sidebar for last night shows minimum pressures as follows : EPAP 4.82 ; Pressure(IPAP) 8.42 . My pressures are set as EPAP 9 and IPAP 15 and Pressure Support 3.6 . My EPAP on my machine is set to start at 9 . So I would expect that the Min. pressures shown should be EPAP 9 and IPAP 12.6 .
When I check back on all my earlier charts I note that the Minimum pressures have all been changed and do not reflect the true minimums . Under the previous version of Oscar the Minimum pressures were all correctly shown so I am wondering what changed . Is there a bug in this new version?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Minimum pressures shown in Oscar v 1.3.0
Originally, SleepyHead, and therefore OSCAR clipped off the first 40 seconds of the pressure data. This was changed to skip the clipping, and everybody mentioned this problem. In an attempt to get the pressure up to minimum, the clipping time was changed to 6 seconds, based on the delay that I could see on an AirSense 10 Autoset.

If you would go to the very left end of the pressure graph and zoom in to view about 20 seconds, you should be able to see the pressure ramping up to your minimum - unless you are using the ramp feature, in which case it will go up to your ramp start pressure, of course.

Then if you will report back how many seconds it takes to flatten out, we can put that in the next release. A screen shot of the zoomed area would be interesting, too.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your reply . I did what you advised me to do and on checking several days I found that it takes 10 seconds for the pressure to ramp up . It is not a problem for me . I just couldn't figure out why the difference .
Post Reply Post Reply
Are these helpful @pholynyk

Looks like a few seconds

Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Today I had two seconds of it still coming up to pressure. A couple days ago it seemed to be nine seconds. Other days the machine must have been quick enough, and the lower pressures were not showing, just the set pressure.

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Today the issue with OSCAR 1.3.0 (on Mac OS) was at the other end of the sleep session - when I turned off the machine OSCAR didn’t truncate today and so my left-hand column of Min pressure says zero.  Using ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto.

I don’t recall this happening before.

[attachment=38758]

- SleepyCPAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Try this; Go to File > Preferences > Appearance > Other Visual Settings. Select "Square Wave Plots". Hopefully, this will clear up your graphics problem.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That does make it look different on the graph - it is now just a vertical line that drops to the zero on the axis.

But it does not address the columns on the left - OSCAR still thinks my Min Pressure and Min EPAP are 0.00 (instead of 7.00 and 4.00). This is just in the Daily chart - OSCAR uses the set minimums (not actual) for the pressure bar-chart in the Overview Chart.

Perhaps my VAuto was a bit slow last night.

I’m going to stop changing things in preferences, it keeps messing with my preferred Overview chart order and sizes.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have seen this before when somebody disconnected their mask before stopping the machine. The pressure then does go down to zero, bang!
It also requires that you are using a fixed pressure, by whatever means.

If I were to force the 'square wave' I'd get more complaints from people about jagged display...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if maybe this might be related to the issues I was having when I used APAP rather than CPAP, where some days it would report that the min pressure was the actual minimum, and other days it would say it was 0.

If so, this MAY be solved in the beta version (or at least being worked on). Trouble is, mine was also showing on Overview and Stats as well as daily.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 297 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Central apnea and high pressures? esaulcatnas 20 1,730 02-16-2024, 12:22 AM
Last Post: esaulcatnas
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 382 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  Will lofta help me find the right pressures? Swsch2985 6 457 12-30-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Swsch2985
  Why different pressures with different masks Dawei 6 423 12-29-2023, 03:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Central sleep apnea? need help on pressures flappypalate 2 485 11-23-2023, 05:37 PM
Last Post: flappypalate
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.