Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Minor mod to help keep Swift FX headgear on.
RE: Minor mod to help keep Swift FX headgear on.
(09-21-2015, 08:03 AM)cate1898 Wrote: OK so I'm done with sewing on extra straps. Now that I've tried DariaVader's suggestion of putting the lower strap under my hair - and tightening the top strap, the FX mask is staying put.
Still kind of wondering if the P10 headgear will stay on as well. Hmmm. SOOOOO many people have remarked how much more comfortable the P10's are but I would need to have them both at home to try out. Had the P10's on for a couple of minutes at the DME's when I got my machine, but that's definitely not the way to test drive something.

About the diffuser on the FX. I was thinking of wrapping it with gauze to stop it from coming out like a jetstream. Would this be safe?

cate1898,
If you have the funds, go to any online supplier, and try out a P10. You have 30 days to return. This way you'll know whether you like it or not.

One thing about comparing one mask to another and taking advice on the fit is that we all have different size and shape heads. What works for one, may not work out for you. You will only know by trying.

As far as the diffuser on the FX or any mask, you should never wrap the diffuser
with gauze or any other material. Always be mindful that you are not covering the diffuser or you will be rebreathing the same air.

Very unsafe thing to do!

OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Minor mod to help keep Swift FX headgear on.
no, you should not try to stop the vent by any means. deflect - sure, but don't try to stop it. It will cause you to get too much CO2
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Equipment] Brevida mask with Evora headgear BeauPetitNez 8 1,659 01-13-2024, 10:11 AM
Last Post: BeauPetitNez
Question [Equipment] Is the headgear on AirFit N20 the same as AirFit F20? James87 4 440 01-12-2024, 12:25 PM
Last Post: labrat
  P10 Headgear paulag1955 2 353 12-14-2023, 07:29 PM
Last Post: paulag1955
  F&P Solo Headgear Columbiabill 1 474 12-09-2023, 01:25 PM
Last Post: yankees123
  [Equipment] Resmed N30i/P30i headgear sleeve issues Himrent 1 423 11-23-2023, 02:22 PM
Last Post: Dog Slobber
  Apparent worsening of symptoms during minor illness TryingToGetItRight 0 255 09-18-2023, 11:39 PM
Last Post: TryingToGetItRight
  Adaptor to fix a Evora headgear on a Brevida mask BeauPetitNez 3 1,009 03-02-2023, 05:26 PM
Last Post: Nickman111

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.