Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Minute Vent Question
RE: Minute Vent Question

This is from last night with a screwy looking one...LOL
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the zoomed-in view.  Your flow-rate pattern looks pretty similar to mine (see attached).  I asked a question about this on the forum some months ago, and I learned that the little oscillations around the zero line are probably caused by my heart-beat, and that these cardiogenic oscillations can result in mis-measurement of respiration rate or exhalation time. 

I don't have the expertise to say with complete confidence that that's what you're showing, but it sure looks like it.  It is not uncommon, the cause has not been definitively established, and by itself it is nothing to worry about.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Typically it is from movement or heart beat. The flow is a bit limited in that segment, but 0.00 wins!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-06-2019, 04:59 PM)Dormeo Wrote: Thanks for the zoomed-in view.  Your flow-rate pattern looks pretty similar to mine (see attached).  I asked a question about this on the forum some months ago, and I learned that the little oscillations around the zero line are probably caused by my heart-beat, and that these cardiogenic oscillations can result in mis-measurement of respiration rate or exhalation time. 

I don't have the expertise to say with complete confidence that that's what you're showing, but it sure looks like it.  It is not uncommon, the cause has not been definitively established, and by itself it is nothing to worry about.

Hey, I'll take all the info I can get and thanks for taking a look...Right now I'm so new at this most squiggles look like one another. I have identified a lot more though. Using the camera and going to the second on OSCAR I can see what happens like when I turn over or disconnect or scratch my A$$... Dielaughing 

Thanks Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-04-2019, 01:47 PM)3rdMarDiv Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 03:10 PM)Dormeo Wrote: I’m not sure why higher MV would indicate you’ve turned onto your back. Could you explain your line of thought about that?

Also, your very high respiratory rate may just reflect a not-uncommon anomaly in your flow rate. Could you zoom in so that that the flow rate shows about one minute’s worth of breaths, then post a screenshot?

060219 About 1 min of breathing.

I just wanted to be alerted whenever I incur an apnea event. I plan on only sleeping on my stomach. I started a few days ago with the apnea alarm and it has only gone off twice one night, once last night and none one night. I don't even wake up really as it is a pretty soft alarm. Since starting the alarm my AHI on DreamMapper, which records false positives, has been under 1.4

Last night I had 0 OA's and 0 CA's with a few Hypo's.

It was 0.4 night before last.

I found that I only incur apneas when I am on my back. Sides and stomach I incur no apneas.

I have two alarms in my machine. One is an apnea alarm and the other is for MV.

The apnea alarm seems to be working great.
Any info you can add is appreciated... Thanks 

PS If you check my thread on filming during sleep you will see where I'm coming from and hopefully going to... Dielaughing

I should have included my link on filming yourself while sleeping to determine if you have Severe Positional Apnea:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...g-yourself

There is also great Wiki info I was just sent by Snoring Bear addressing Positional Apnea:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here to vent Razorpoke 6 165 04-17-2024, 09:48 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Gross EVIDENCE OF AIRFIT P10 VENT OBSTRUCTION CAUSING HYPERCAPNIA mdmarmd 139 35,677 04-12-2024, 05:52 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 210 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  15-minute periods of massive events (OSCAR pics included) nicholasb600 2 236 03-14-2024, 09:42 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  What is optimal respiration rate, minute vent, tidal volume, etc? ATeam91 4 508 01-23-2024, 04:19 PM
Last Post: ATeam91
Idea Tell me how you've Modified your P10 to make it VENT more Hydrangea 47 6,636 01-13-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: her.suit
  Sick and need to vent cps22 8 593 01-05-2024, 01:34 PM
Last Post: cps22

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.