Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Miracle I have my new BIPAP ASV
Miracle I have my new BIPAP ASV
Well, my favorite people at Apria called this morning and said I could come in and pick up my new Resmed S 9 Autoset. I said that would have been what I asked for 2 weeks ago. But everything has changed now. I need a PRS one Auto SV model DS960TS now.
We'll let me see what we can do, I will call you back.
I got a call back, we have your machine, come in at 3:00. Great I'll be there.

I arrive early, check in and wait about 15 minutes. They call me into the conference room and I see the machine setup on the table. I could see from across the room that it was not set up for the heated hose I had specified.
While the girl went out to get the correct humidifier, power supply and hose, I went through the clinicians setup menu to verify the machine was new. It was, 0 hours, and the settings were as prescribed, but probably not correct.

Then they say we need your credit card info. I ask why. She says in case the insurance does not pay the rental. I ask what is the price of the machine, the maximum you might charge to my card.
They say I don't know. Please give me your card.
I say I don't hand out blank signed checks.
They say give me your credit card.
I ask where is my SleepWeaver Élan mask?
We don't have it do you know the part number?
I call Circadiance and get the part number.
We will order it and ship it to you or would you rather drive 25 miles to pick it up here?
Well I have my new machine and my credit card in tact at home, ready for. My first night on ASV.
Can't wait to see Sleepyhead in the morning.

Less then 2 weeks from Sleep doctor visit to sleep study to machine at home. WOW!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Miracle I have my new BIPAP ASV
(10-23-2013, 08:39 PM)bwexler Wrote: Well, my favorite people at Apria called this morning and said I could come in and pick up my new Resmed S 9 Autoset. I said that would have been what I asked for 2 weeks ago. But everything has changed now. I need a PRS one Auto SV model DS960TS now.
We'll let me see what we can do, I will call you back.
I got a call back, we have your machine, come in at 3:00. Great I'll be there.

I arrive early, check in and wait about 15 minutes. They call me into the conference room and I see the machine setup on the table. I could see from across the room that it was not set up for the heated hose I had specified.
While the girl went out to get the correct humidifier, power supply and hose, I went through the clinicians setup menu to verify the machine was new. It was, 0 hours, and the settings were as prescribed, but probably not correct.

Then they say we need your credit card info. I ask why. She says in case the insurance does not pay the rental. I ask what is the price of the machine, the maximum you might charge to my card.
They say I don't know. Please give me your card.
I say I don't hand out blank signed checks.
They say give me your credit card.
I ask where is my SleepWeaver Élan mask?
We don't have it do you know the part number?
I call Circadiance and get the part number.
We will order it and ship it to you or would you rather drive 25 miles to pick it up here?
Well I have my new machine and my credit card in tact at home, ready for. My first night on ASV.
Can't wait to see Sleepyhead in the morning.

Less then 2 weeks from Sleep doctor visit to sleep study to machine at home. WOW!

Apria pulled that credit card bit with me too and I got up to walk out after I told them I was never told that or I would have gone elsewhere. They pulled the phone records and found out I was not told that (Apria has screwed up so much I would not allow them my credit card info because I would never get it fixed) so I walked out with my machine. The other day, I called to find out where my mask is (due to Apria ordering the wrong one....their fault) and she asked for a credit card and I said, call Paul (branch manager) because he told me I don't have to have one. I still don't have my mask and it has been a week since I received and returned the wrong one.

Oh, and the first mask Apria sent me in Oct. that I refused shipment, they went ahead and billed my insurance company and was paid for it. I contacted my insurance company and reported it so Apria will return the money. They got paid for the mask they sent last week but not the headgear b/c they were dishonest and billed my insurance company for a complete mask set up when I didn't get it and you can't have a head gear every month. Granted the head gear isn't a lot of money but it is the principle
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi bwexler,
Wow,! that was quick. Now you can start getting acquainted with the "new" machine.
I look forward to hearing how things go, good luck with it, sleep well.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 08:58 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi bwexler,
Wow,! that was quick. Now you can start getting acquainted with the "new" machine.
I look forward to hearing how things go, good luck with it, sleep well.

what trish said
Post Reply Post Reply
me 50
You are entirely to timed. you can't get quick results with weekly calls.
I would call, ask what was need and from who. Then call the person required to provide it, like my doctor to provide the prescription the Way Apria wanted to see it. An hour or two later another call to Apria. Did you get it? Was it the way you wanted it. If not call the doctor again. Two or three calls a day to each road block until each one was cleared. The folks at Apria, the Sleeplab and my doctor all recognize my voice and know I am relentless until I get what I am calling for.
When you can follow my lead you too can cut the time it takes to get the results you want.
Post Reply Post Reply
You know something, the exact same thing happened to me. And did you also know that by signing that paperwork, you are stating you tested the machine and everything is hunkydori....How can you test a machine without a mask? Duh....I think they know that, get people to sign off, and give them hell when they find something wrong...like a friggin whistle....just saying.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-23-2013, 09:44 PM)bwexler Wrote: me 50
You are entirely to timed. you can't get quick results with weekly calls.
I would call, ask what was need and from who. Then call the person required to provide it, like my doctor to provide the prescription the Way Apria wanted to see it. An hour or two later another call to Apria. Did you get it? Was it the way you wanted it. If not call the doctor again. Two or three calls a day to each road block until each one was cleared. The folks at Apria, the Sleeplab and my doctor all recognize my voice and know I am relentless until I get what I am calling for.
When you can follow my lead you too can cut the time it takes to get the results you want.

Guess you are right. I have called the DME, called the sleep center, called the doc every day since last week. I even called the vendor last week to get the incorrect mask picked up. IF I don't have this mask today, tomorrow I will be driving to the vendor and get it myself. I do have my appointment rescheduled from early Nov to next Monday. IF the doc doesn't pay more attention to me, I will go to a pulmonologist. The whole purpose of my visit to his office was to tell him that I am at the max pressure of my cpap for 95% of the night and I wanted to know if I should go to BIPAP or some other machine so I wouldn't be at the max pressure. My sleep study was wasted b/c he didn't listen. It was not to find the right pressure since I have an autoset. It was to see if I am on the right machine.

I also emailed the data that the DME printed out (2 pages from Sept 10 to Oct 14) AND I printed out all the DETAILED data from ResScan from Oct 15 through Oct 22...it was 18 pages) and emailed that to the sleep doctor yesterday. AND I also contacted the sleep center and asked them to provide the actual time my pressure was changed during the sleep study. For example: If I was started at 12% pressure at 10:30 PM, what time was my pressure increased to 13%, 14%, 15%, 16% and so on.

We will see what kind of responses I get today.

The way I see it is that they should redo that sleep study from October at no charge and do it right and I will NOT do it at the same sleep lab that I had it done.
Post Reply Post Reply
me50 now you are starting to sound like me.
Go for for it!
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-24-2013, 09:37 AM)bwexler Wrote: me50 now you are starting to sound like me.
Go for for it!

On the phone with DME right now. So far, they said my mask has not shipped and I should have it in 3 days. Waiting for a supervisor as we speak.

Yea me! Bad Apria!!
Post Reply Post Reply
While your on the phone with the supervisor, ask about the status of my mask so I don't have to call today. Haha
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which biPAP? HalfAsleep 9 252 03-14-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  bipap Innisfree 2 421 12-12-2023, 07:00 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  The Miracle of the Soft Cervical Collar spudhorse 16 1,165 12-04-2023, 07:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Help with bipap Al N 7 697 09-14-2023, 06:15 PM
Last Post: Al N
  Fixed pressure BIPAP vrs Auto BIPAP (UARS) tugboatxd 0 689 03-29-2023, 04:13 PM
Last Post: tugboatxd
  Dreamstation BiPAP AutoSV VS BiPAP S/T? racprops 1 520 08-07-2022, 11:25 PM
Last Post: LindanHotAir
  Can a BiPAP user use a CPAP if BiPAP not aviable? jdelcore71 6 1,170 06-17-2022, 08:42 PM
Last Post: Mosquitobait

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.