Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
RE: Resmed Mirage FX nasal mask
It may be expensive to Americans but to an Australian that price is a bargain because here they retail for about $270.00, hence why we buy online from American suppliers
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum]
We had 2 threads on this mask - the 2 threads were merged together.

Thanks. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I tried this mask today when I picked up my new machine. It was super comfy, but it was way too big for me. I wish they made a petite size as well as the wide.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile
I guess I feel pretty lucky. This was the first mask that I tried (I have only been on an APAP machine for about 5 weeks, but this mask has been great. After about 2 weeks I traded it for a ResMed Quattro full face mask to see if I could reduce the Vibratory Snore number that was showing up in the data (using Sleepy Head). Bottom line for me was that I used the Quattro for only 5 days. The Quattro just did work for me at all. Vibratory Snore went sky high and I could never get used to it. I ran, not walked, back to my DME (who by the way is owned by me sleep doctors office) and traded the Quattro back for my Mirage FX.

Vibratory Snore back under control and AHI in the range of .76 to 1.47. GREAT mask and highly recommended. Of course, have only tried the 2 masks mentioned above. I suppose that it is possible that there is a better one out there, but at $90.00 to $175.00 it is just not practical to try them all.

By the by, I have found that my doctor's DME department has far lower prices for all the masks and machines than what I have seen on-line. After studying the difference in cost between buying myself with no insurance and letting insurance pay, I bought the mask, machine, etc. myself. This may be an anomaly, but it sure is easier than ordering online and waiting for delivery.
Post Reply Post Reply
It is a very nice design, small, feels and fits right but it leaks pretty bad and if I had it tighter to minimize or eliminate the leak (which was not even possible no matter how tight it was) leaves me with a sore red nose bridge in the morning.
So as much as I like it, it is practically useless for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-01-2013, 01:20 AM)Julius Wrote: It is a very nice design, small, feels and fits right but it leaks pretty bad and if I had it tighter to minimize or eliminate the leak (which was not even possible no matter how tight it was) leaves me with a sore red nose bridge in the morning.
So as much as I like it, it is practically useless for me.

Your reply to my post reinforces the fact that there is not one mask solution that works for everyone. Thanks for your input.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really liked the "feel" of the mask, and it is very light, but I, too, was experiencing some leaking, so I went back to my current mask of choice the Activa LT - where I have a much lower leakage rate, even if its not as "asethetically" pleasing.

Correct, no one mask fits all.

Post Reply Post Reply
BlueDevil, I'm moving your post to the regular section where it can get the attention it deserves.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2013, 10:38 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: BlueDevil, I'm moving your post to the regular section where it can get the attention it deserves.

No redirect?!
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-13-2013, 12:45 AM)Sleepster Wrote: No redirect?!

Redirects only work for entire threads, not individual posts within a thread.

Although you can leave a link behind showing where the post was moved to...

Like this:

Quote:Your post has been moved to the Main Forum for better visibility, here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Mirage-FX

Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,706 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,238 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,023 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,386 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,799 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 6,427 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] F&P Eson Nasal Mask RoRo 20 32,841 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Last Post: JamesW

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.