Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask
Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask
[Image: Resmed-mirage-quattro-08-b.jpg]

The Quattro is without doubt the best mask on the market today. It has fully adjustable straps and adjustable mask for a better fit. It is very hard wearing and can even survive being stood on to a point. Its light comfortable and doesnt give you any feeling of being claustrophobic.

[Image: Resmed-mirage-quattro-components-card-xl.jpg]

It also breaks down into many parts which are very easily replace. I use this mask and after trying other still come back to this as it really is the best all rounder.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask
(03-23-2012, 12:40 PM)Gazby Wrote: [Image: Resmed-mirage-quattro-08-b.jpg]

The Quattro is without doubt the best mask on the market today. It has fully adjustable straps and adjustable mask for a better fit. It is very hard wearing and can even survive being stood on to a point. Its light comfortable and doesnt give you any feeling of being claustrophobic.

[Image: Resmed-mirage-quattro-components-card-xl.jpg]

It also breaks down into many parts which are very easily replace. I use this mask and after trying other still come back to this as it really is the best all rounder.

Me to, and it is my very first mask. It is also easy to disconnect the hose to go pee at night, and not have to refit/retest the mask while sleepy.

My age is none of my mind's business. --- Netskier
Post Reply Post Reply
This is without any hesitation the best CPAP mask on the market today, bar none, and I have tried them all (come over and look in my drawer!).

I have FOUR of them and four hoses that I rotate weekly and wash/disinfect after a week's use; therefore only having to do the big wash once a month. I also wash the humidifier container and disinfect it.

You just need one night of bacteria blowing into your lungs to make you understand the importance of cleanliness and washing and disinfection using any of the common hospital grade disinfectants (only need a little), like Control II.

The mask takes smooshing into your pillow, sleeping on stomache, back, side, on your head, etc., without face farts all night. And it eliminates the need for taping your mouth closed, buying headgear, drilling your teeth together, etc. The airway is kept open and used with an APAP it is wonderful.

I have indeed tried them all and keep coming back to the Quattro.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Educate, Advocate, Contemplate.
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
I still vote for the Quattro FX. Masks are a personal thing and no one mask is perfect for everyone.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ge-Quattro
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Quattro FX as well and the big difference to the Quattro is the forehead support, which IMHO, is essential for all masks as it provides a wider and more stable platform. If you are prone to read or watch TV at bedtime, the FX is the next best thing IMHO as it provides better unobstructed vision. With me, the stability thing is essential as is the relief of pressure on the bridge of the nose... or more appropriately, the ability to adjust finely the pressure against the bridge of the nose and provide stability, making for a very well sealed mask that will not produce face farts (pardon) during the night. Ergo, AHI=0.00 every night with the odd exception and I can't imagine what the heck I do while asleep to knock that mask off my face.

You are right, of course, they both have their place and use, but for me it is the Quattro... with the forehead support... which, again, IMHO, is absolutely essential for a solid seal that is repeatable night after night after night.

I had a miserable night last night due to pain meds I am taking as I had some surgery ten days ago around nerves in my hand and they throb constantly. But am going up to take a look at the empirical data from the S9 anyway to see if it maintained AHI=0.0 anyway. I will be surprised. I think I ate one of the pillows during the night.

TTYL
Herein lies personal opinion, no professional advice, which ALL are well advised to seek.

Post Reply Post Reply
I can't stand to have anything between my eyes; which is why I've been sleeping with the Respironics Optilfe nasal pillow mask for the last several years. Of course it's nice to have the built-in chin strap, too. Bigwink
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. 
ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 02:28 AM)TorontoCPAPguy Wrote: This is without any hesitation the best CPAP mask on the market today, bar none, and I have tried them all (come over and look in my drawer!).

I have FOUR of them and four hoses that I rotate weekly and wash/disinfect after a week's use; therefore only having to do the big wash once a month. I also wash the humidifier container and disinfect it.

You just need one night of bacteria blowing into your lungs to make you understand the importance of cleanliness and washing and disinfection using any of the common hospital grade disinfectants (only need a little), like Control II.

The mask takes smooshing into your pillow, sleeping on stomache, back, side, on your head, etc., without face farts all night. And it eliminates the need for taping your mouth closed, buying headgear, drilling your teeth together, etc. The airway is kept open and used with an APAP it is wonderful.

I have indeed tried them all and keep coming back to the Quattro.
How do you wash and disinfect the masks, the cushions, the hoses, the humidifier container? Any recommendations from other members?
Post Reply Post Reply
Cleaning instructions should have been included with the user manuals.

Some use a mild dish detergent (not dishwasher) and warm water. Just swish them in the water or let soak, rinse very well, and let air dry.

Some use a vinegar and water solution and do a quick swish and rinse.

Others put the stuff in the dishwasher (not the mask parts, the humidifier). Just don't let the dishwasher do a heat dry.

They make CPAP wipes to clean the mask and stuff but I could never tolerate the smell.

I think Control II is overkill but works if a person is a germ fanatic.

Go to the website of your mask manufacturer to see if they have any videos or manuals you can view/download.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-23-2012, 10:39 PM)bobg1946 Wrote: I can't stand to have anything between my eyes; which is why I've been sleeping with the Respironics Optilfe nasal pillow mask for the last several years. Of course it's nice to have the built-in chin strap, too. Bigwink

I wear my FX now and then when watching TV or reading. I understand exactly what you mean. But I am a face/pillow smoosher. The added stability of that Quattro FFM is wonderful.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-24-2012, 05:45 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Cleaning instructions should have been included with the user manuals.

Some use a mild dish detergent (not dishwasher) and warm water. Just swish them in the water or let soak, rinse very well, and let air dry.

Some use a vinegar and water solution and do a quick swish and rinse.

Others put the stuff in the dishwasher (not the mask parts, the humidifier). Just don't let the dishwasher do a heat dry.

They make CPAP wipes to clean the mask and stuff but I could never tolerate the smell.

I think Control II is overkill but works if a person is a germ fanatic.

Go to the website of your mask manufacturer to see if they have any videos or manuals you can view/download.

Control II is cheap insurance from one who spent three weeks on full life support with bacterial pneumonia - I am indeed a germ fanatic with only 65-70% lung capacity and Atrial Fibrillation.... a good bout of pneumonia today would kill me. Control II is cheap enough and I use FOUR masks and FOUR hoses and rotate them through the month using each for one week before putting it aside to let the germs breed.

I find that ANY odour will throw off my sleep. Control II is pretty much odour free. For cleaning I use one of the odourless detergent soaps and allow the masks and hoses to soak for a while (varies from 20 minutes to several hours). I use a long and soft bristled paintbrush (very plush and soft) to clean my gear... the Quattro is a pain to clean as one needs to get between two layers of silicone rubber and into the crevices. A quick swish around and then I rinse with PLENTY of warm water (sink drain open a bit and water running through everything). And use the paintbrush and plain water to make sure all the soap is gone and the bits and pieces are clean ... squeaky clean.

It sounds like overkill, I know, but in reality it is not a heap of work and only takes a short while to get everything done. I do the humidifier tank in the same manner. Takes a minute to do.

You can take it from one who has been on the edge of cliff that there is no light at the end of a tunnel. Only darkness. And if you are lucky you wake up and struggle for a few years to get your life back. Today marks the day, exactly three years ago, that the doctors asked my wife to unplug me and were refused. I was being kept alive by machines and was in lala land for three weeks. I was not expected to survive this bacterial pneumonia... I had taps and centrals all over me into my veins and arteries. I had my lungs mechanically suctioned to make room for some oxygen to be absorbed through the gunk in them. It was NOT a great experience. So I am a germ nut. I also buy odourless wipes to clean the mask each morning. A quick wipe and I know that I will have a clean mask when it is time for bed.

Once you get into the habit and get proficient at the cleaning routine it only takes a short while and you will rest easier and sleep better.

And if you are using a heated tank... try not to let it run dry. It tends to smell when that happens and a change in odour tends to arouse a sleeper.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 6,889 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 0 360 03-08-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,238 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,406 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,679 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,177 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed Air TOUCH F20 full-face mask Gooserider 13 5,706 01-01-2021, 05:27 PM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.