Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mirage Quattro issues
Mirage Quattro issues
Hi everyone! So I have been using the Mirage Quattro FFM for a little over a week. After about 2 nights of use had a sore nose with a few open sores. It took about 5-6 days to heal up. So I got a Gecko gel pad to use with it. Did so for a couple more nights to find out I had another sore nose. Argh!

Anyway, I'm off to the DME tomorrow to try on more FFM masks. I'm thinking of trying the Amara View, Simplus and the F10 masks. Anyone have any suggestions, comments on these?

I'm also thinking about getting a nasal pillow mask and chinstrap as well as a backup. I have read all the good reviews about the P10, any other suggestions about nasal pillows?

Do you think I am going about this the right way with trying to different masks at the same time? Thanks for all the help and advice.

Inky1
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Quattro issues
My only experience is with the Simplus. The RT initially fitted me with a medium and it hit on my facial pressure points making it very uncomfortable. I came across the sizing guide and found that I'm just at the break point between the medium and large. I took a gamble and tried a large size. Going up in size has worked out great. My AHI's dropped and, more importantly, my quality of sleep vastly improved.

I'm not pushing the mask brand, I'm just pointing out that a change in the size may make the difference.

Good luck.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
my advise is to demand the DME fit you with the mask while using a pressure or range of pressures your prescribed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Crimson Nape for the advice on mask. I'm not worried about mask branding, just want something that won't chew up my nose.

Rob S, my DME asked me to bring in my machine so that they can use it to set me up on another mask. My range is from 6-15cm on APAP. I know that it varies a lot during the night so I'm not sure if the pressure is an issue or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-22-2016, 11:28 AM)Inky1 Wrote: Thanks Crimson Nape for the advice on mask. I'm not worried about mask branding, just want something that won't chew up my nose.

Rob S, my DME asked me to bring in my machine so that they can use it to set me up on another mask. My range is from 6-15cm on APAP. I know that it varies a lot during the night so I'm not sure if the pressure is an issue or not.

That might be so they can set the type of mask in the menu should you change from a FFM. Cool
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Inky-- Here's another totally far out idea. If nasal pillows don't meet your needs for avoiding nose bridge damage, you could consider a mask that doesn't touch your nose. The one I've found for the same problem of nose bridge damage from FFMs is the Respironics FitLife. It's been the solution for me for over two years now.

David
Post Reply Post Reply
Good luck on the mask search. I have yet to find a FFM that does not leak.
Sleeping better since 01/13/2016 Smile

Masks I have tried to date
AirFit F10-FFM, AirFit N10-Nasal, Mirage Liberty-Hybrid FFM, Mirage Quattro-FFM, Swift FX Nano-Pillow, Mirage Activa LT-Nasal, ComfortGel Blue-FFM, Amara View -FFM, Pilairo Q -Pillow
Post Reply Post Reply
There are also a couple of hybrid masks that you may want to consider; ResMed Mirage Liberty and Innomed Hybrid.

Dude
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi - I used the Quattro for 1.5 nights and ripped the thing off. It was incredibly painful. I have the FP simplus now and it is much much better. Still slightly sore on the bridge of my nose and some acne issues due to the moisture but I'm working on it. Good luck.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have used a Mirage Quattro for many years with no issues since I got the right size. I use a medium and the small I tried was very painful on the bridge of my nose. The large I started with didn't hurt but didn't seal well no matter how I adjusted it.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sinus issues with CPAP Luka07 10 219 Yesterday, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Luka07
  Air Mini issues Bous 0 55 03-27-2024, 08:14 AM
Last Post: Bous
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 90 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  How to remedy issues during lighter sleep period, 3 AM-7 AM rosebladepat 0 113 03-15-2024, 07:45 PM
Last Post: rosebladepat
  Airsense 10 Issues cgries2448 0 159 03-09-2024, 03:31 PM
Last Post: cgries2448
  issues during REM sleep... ifsmithy 5 220 03-04-2024, 12:09 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  After major surgery Issues DANNOGA 5 255 02-26-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.