Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mirage Quattro vs AirFit F10 Size
Mirage Quattro vs AirFit F10 Size
Ok, so I'm wanting to finally change/upgrade my mask from my Quattro. My wife just starting papping and has an AirFit F10. Both of our respected masks are size medium. However, the AirFit appears to cover a smaller surface area and when put cushion to cushion, the Quattro is indeed larger in size.

She's having some minor issues with fit and thinks her mask is too small (going to call the DME on Monday). I'd like to upgrade to the AirFit as it looks much more comfortable but if I have to stay with medium, I'm not sure the AirFit will "cut" it.

Question: Has anyone on here had the experience of using both and if so, how would you rate one versus the other (size, comfort, leak issues, etc) and, is there a reason the AirFit, although medium as well, is a bit smaller than the Quattro??
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage Quattro vs AirFit F10 Size
I do not have comparative experience with both masks.

Let us assume, I had to switch from the Quattro to the AirFit F10, I think I would miss the forehead brace and the adjustable feature at the nose bridge.
I'm also not a fan of a mask that has radial vents around the ring like the AirFit F10. The Quattro vents along a flat surface.
(I say that because of the radial vents of the P10 seem to clog for some folks)

As for size: When it comes to FFMs, each size increment is 1 cm longer on the vertical axis.

Best Wishes.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2016, 11:35 AM)justMongo Wrote: I do not have comparative experience with both masks.

Let us assume, I had to switch from the Quattro to the AirFit F10, I think I would miss the forehead brace and the adjustable feature at the nose bridge.
I'm also not a fan of a mask that has radial vents around the ring like the AirFit F10. The Quattro vents along a flat surface.
(I say that because of the radial vents of the P10 seem to clog for some folks)

As for size: When it comes to FFMs, each size increment is 1 cm longer on the vertical axis.

Best Wishes.

Hmm, the clogging issue is a bit concerning. I know these masks are precisely engineered to rid CO2. Definitely don't need that worry! I was actually looking to "free" my forehead by changing to the AirFit. Points I'll need to think about for sure. Appreciate the insight, as always.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2016, 12:05 PM)Stargazer Wrote: Hmm, the clogging issue is a bit concerning. I know these masks are precisely engineered to rid CO2. Definitely don't need that worry! I was actually looking to "free" my forehead by changing to the AirFit. Points I'll need to think about for sure. Appreciate the insight, as always.

To avoid clogging those radial vents one must take care not to use too hot water in cleaning (apparently the plastic can deform.) And, the vent needs to be scrubbed with a toothbrush. That's from the Airfit user's manual. "Use a soft bristle brush to clean the vent."

A couple of pluses: Radial vents are quieter. Not that it matters to me; my hearing is shot. And, I like that one can disconnect the elbow from the mask.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2016, 12:46 PM)justMongo Wrote: To avoid clogging those radial vents one must take care not to use too hot water in cleaning (apparently the plastic can deform.) And, the vent needs to be scrubbed with a toothbrush. That's from the Airfit user's manual. "Use a soft bristle brush to clean the vent."

Excellent tips, Mongo! I have not read that. The deformation that can take place definitely makes sense. Thanks for pointing it out!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I have not used the Airfit F10 but do use the Mirage Quattro. I also used the Quattro FX for quite some time and could not get it to ever seal reliably. The reason that I am writing this is to point out that according to the Resmed fitting gage, I am right in the middle of the medium size. I find that a small works better for me.

I think that the fitting intention of a full face mask is to ensure that the nose bridge portion of the seal is up on the bony portion of the nose so that the pressure from the seal does not tend to collapse your nasal passages. Just my guess.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-31-2016, 11:18 AM)Stargazer Wrote: Question: Has anyone on here had the experience of using both and if so, how would you rate one versus the other (size, comfort, leak issues, etc) and, is there a reason the AirFit, although medium as well, is a bit smaller than the Quattro??

I used the Mirage Quattro for years, and could get it to seal pretty well as long as I used a ResMed Gecko nasal pad to keep it from leaking into my eyes. But occasionally the mask would hurt my nose bridge, even when using the Gecko (which allows the mask to be worn less tightly but still seal well around the eyes).

I tried the Quattro FX, with some success.

But my favorite is the F10. I like the headgear, and very rare for my nose bridge to get sore now, and I can see fine to read in bed, and the mask seals very well, as long as I use a cloth mask liner. (I use RemZzzs brand.) I think someone who does not need as much pressure as I do (up to 25 many nights) would probably be able to get the mask to seal well even without the mask liner, if kept free from face oil by washing the cushion well with unscented soap every morning.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

The Advisory Member group provides advice and suggestions to Apnea Board administrators and staff on matters concerning Apnea Board operation and administrative policies.  Membership in the Advisory Member group should not be understood as in any way implying medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went to the F-10 in medium after having used the Quatro FX medium for a couple of years (actually started the FX in large for several months). We are all very different facially and what works for one does not mean it will be good for another. With the FX, I felt that I wanted something size wise that fell in between the Large and the medium, but that the medium was preferable (I also think that the ResMed masks run a trifle larger than Resprionics, having started with them years ago). I prefer the F-10 to the FX. A little bit more forgiving in fitting to my face - what I mean by that is that I feel it is better in conforming to my shape and size without leaks and doesn't make me want to over tighten. I am also running with fairly high pressures, and it does a good job. Size wise the medium is spot on. Good luck !
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-01-2016, 01:48 AM)vsheline Wrote: I tried the Quattro FX, with some success.

But my favorite is the F10. I like the headgear, and very rare for my nose bridge to get sore now, and I can see fine to read in bed, and the mask seals very well, as long as I use a cloth mask liner. (I use RemZzzs brand.) I think someone who does not need as much pressure as I do (up to 25 many nights) would probably be able to get the mask to seal well even without the mask liner, if kept free from face oil by washing the cushion well with unscented soap every morning.

Take care,
--- Vaughn

(02-02-2016, 01:37 PM)robertbuckley Wrote: I went to the F-10 in medium after having used the Quatro FX medium for a couple of years (actually started the FX in large for several months). We are all very different facially and what works for one does not mean it will be good for another. With the FX, I felt that I wanted something size wise that fell in between the Large and the medium, but that the medium was preferable (I also think that the ResMed masks run a trifle larger than Resprionics, having started with them years ago). I prefer the F-10 to the FX. A little bit more forgiving in fitting to my face - what I mean by that is that I feel it is better in conforming to my shape and size without leaks and doesn't make me want to over tighten. I am also running with fairly high pressures, and it does a good job. Size wise the medium is spot on. Good luck !

Excellent point about being able to read. The Mirage Q doesn't allow me to use my glasses. The F10 seems much more conducive especially since it does not have the forehead stability add on.

Also, good to know the F10 does well with high pressures. Going to try my wife's F10 and see how it compares to the Mirage Quattro; much thanks for all the feedback!

Post Reply Post Reply
I want to like the ResMed F10. But for me it leaks like crazy. Sad I ordered the Mirage Quattro today, and a DreamWear.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introducing the ResMed AirFit F40 MrIvanDrago 20 1,457 03-17-2024, 06:47 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  AirFit F20 Irritating Nose Bridge SavvApnea 40 6,785 03-10-2024, 01:38 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,541 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  AirSense 11 & AirFit F30i Mask, new CPAP user TreeSky 0 268 02-25-2024, 09:47 AM
Last Post: TreeSky
  Tube Size - 12mm, 15mm and 22mm MrIvanDrago 8 430 02-23-2024, 09:31 AM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Equipment] Hybrid mask discontinued, new AirFit 30 leaks! LessSleepyHalf 3 947 02-18-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  ResMed Airfit P10 ScottW 41 20,079 02-12-2024, 12:48 PM
Last Post: TexasDon

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.