Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mirage liberty
Mirage liberty
Been looking for a mirage liberty mask to try and have a question I was hoping someone could give me a quick answer.... 

Is the main plastic body and headgear the same on all of them?  Do they just change the cushion/pillow for size?  If I get a small unit and then buy new medium cushion for it will it fit?  I am guessing so but don't want to waste my limited cash on it without knowing for sure... 

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mirage liberty
I've got an ML in my PAPing collection [text removed by moderator] though used one night. It came with S, M and L prong elements. I don't know if the FFM-like part varies by size. Don't think mine came with different sizes, but maybe the original order spec was for one size among others.

My local DME (Lincare rep) advised me--a year long CPAP-beginner user of the F10, then a months long Amara View user, and then (and for years now) a user of the P10--that I would not like the ML. He, a one time owner or manager of a sleep clinic had been helpful before (a smart man, but profit margin sensitive, too, in truth). He was right. I didn't like the ML, which should mean little to you. 

I could not stop leaks. As a tongue-position-schooled-and-still-practicing-to-get-it-to-stick-but-resistant mouth breather I had hoped then that the full-face feature, along with the nasal prongs offered the best of both worlds. 

I tried the ML one bad night (apparently using what must be medium prongs that are still in it) and set it aside. Either donate to, say,  the Salvation Army. In trying it I did measure and mark the head gear with some pin-point WhiteOut dots so I could match settings of the straps, left and right, knowing how important a good equalized start and adjustments are. Further, I was aware of and did use the AB recommended tensioning and adjustment advice.

I am even more convinced that the frequency of sealing problems is mostly proportional to the seal's perimeter length for different types of masks. The ML has to match three surfaces: two nares and the mouth-chin area. 

With the minimal and comfortable P10 I frequently get zero Leak nights as a side-sleeping-only mouth breather. But I use the effective and friendly Silipos Gel-E-Roll--with a DIY elastic retainer band--instead of tape, that along with a cervical collar and a simple DIY headband anchor/suspension for the P10 (which replaces only the split length of the P10 headgear). Side sleeping I have no hose drag and pull problems, given that I rarely change sides until after getting up to pee. I use the P10 with no complaints. (But see, if you go to using a P10 at some point, the posts by an MD who has thoroughly investigated the real danger of P10 exhaust vent clogging with airborne matter and with moisture. I do the feel test and prevent noticeable clogging by soaking in bio detergent ("Planet" is it?), light brushing inside, and by using a water pik directed inward from outside at first then all around.

My next trial will be of the Brevida. I do have a Wisp I will keep trying (along with tongue seal practice) when risking a snooze in my recliner and using my backup Autoset kept behind it.

Keep at it. CPAP, properly set up works--thanks, in my case, to this and the other large forum. Wanting to help after struggling, I ramble on at length. Masks are the challenge.
I have no particular qualifications or expertise with respect to the apnea/cpap/sleep related content of my posts beyond my own user experiences and what I've learned from others on this site. Each of us bears the burden of evaluating the validity and applicability of what we read here before acting on it.  

Of my 3 once-needed, helpful, and adjunctive devices I have listed, only the accelerometer remains operative (but now idle). My second CMS50I died, too, of old age and the so-so Dreem 2 needs head-positioning band repair--if, indeed, Dreem even supports use of it now.

Post Reply Post Reply
I did order a p10 based in several people say that I should be able to get that to work and with some trial and error stop mouth breathing. I should get it later this week... Several have said to try the ML also so hence me trying to get one... I am on disability so I only have so much coin to go around... I am curious to see and try some of your techniques to keep from mouth breathing... [text removed by moderator]... I sent you private message
Post Reply Post Reply
There are other masks that do the same as the Liberty. I had it years ago and hated it.

Many online suppliers now have a return policy for masks so folks can try different ones without paying full price. Check out their full face masks and hybrids to see the others that are part nasal pillows, part FFM.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
ooooh, this is what ive been looking for, 

(03-12-2019, 10:56 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: There are other masks that do the same as the Liberty. I had it years ago and hated it. 

can you mention a few others like this? or a link?

Is there maybe a lexicon or a list of all available masks? Sometimes older models do things new ones don't.
Post Reply Post Reply
Amara View Full Face
Dreamwear full face
Airfit F30
Hybrid by Innomed

Quote:Many online suppliers now have a return policy for masks so folks can try different ones without paying full price. Check out their full face masks and hybrids to see the others that are part nasal pillows, part FFM.
^ Really, this is the best way rather than me doing it. You see them for yourself as you go.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Ya u have tried the dme route and they won't get me one to try.... I had a hard enough time getting an F30 to try. All they provide is f20 or p10 and I couldn't get a p10 because my chart shows I tried a nasal mask before and it didn't work.... That's why I have had to buy on my own.... I should be getting my F30 later this week from dme and a p10 from fleabay also....
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mirage FX Vs Eson 2 mask jblkiller 0 493 07-27-2023, 10:04 AM
Last Post: jblkiller
  Mirage Quattro Question Jimnyc2000 0 511 07-03-2023, 09:59 PM
Last Post: Jimnyc2000
  Mirage FX mask: Wide or Standard HappyCpappySmile 0 583 08-24-2022, 11:38 PM
Last Post: HappyCpappySmile
  [Equipment] Thinking about trying Mirage Liberty kingpin 5 1,061 06-13-2022, 01:03 PM
Last Post: Sleepy Willy
Surprised Mirage Quatro Cushion cleaning Redorchid2404 7 902 04-12-2022, 06:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Equipment] ResMed Mirage Liberty hybrid mask leaking prob. boondockbob 2 899 03-31-2022, 07:07 PM
Last Post: mecutl3r
  [CPAP] Mirage Activa LT mask discontinued. Xeraphax 6 2,847 02-09-2022, 12:51 AM
Last Post: srlevine1

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.