Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing Data
Missing Data
Hi, Happy Christmas (nearly).
I've been using the ResMed C9 equipment for about a week now and I was interested to see if I can analyse my SD card and found the software needed (ResScan and Sleepy Head) and downloaded/installed successfully - hurray! However, when I reviwed the data, all I have is the info on the usage hours, nothing else whatsoever on either programme? I was hoping to see the various charts etc. but I am thinking that perhaps the hospital has only set the pump to record that data or has blocked me from viewing it somehow?
Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm in the UK and undergoing an initial 2 month trial.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sad 
RE: Missing Data
Just replying to my own thread here...........
Having just read more posts elsewhere in this fantastic forum, it seems that my ResMed S9 Escape doesn't record anything else apart from the usage timeHuhsign I guess that's about all as far as that goes then. Have to say that's a bit rubbish and disapointing.

Have a really great holiday.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2012, 04:28 AM)paulk11 Wrote: Hi, Happy Christmas (nearly).
I've been using the ResMed C9 equipment for about a week now and I was interested to see if I can analyse my SD card and found the software needed (ResScan and Sleepy Head) and downloaded/installed successfully - hurray! However, when I reviwed the data, all I have is the info on the usage hours, nothing else whatsoever on either programme? I was hoping to see the various charts etc. but I am thinking that perhaps the hospital has only set the pump to record that data or has blocked me from viewing it somehow?
Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm in the UK and undergoing an initial 2 month trial.

Thanks.

Welcome to the beauty of the S9 Escape (and apparently Escape Auto). These low end machines don't give you the info that is most helpful Shock and you'd benefit if you could trade it in for a better model, like an Elite or AutoSet.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using the ResMed C9 equipment for about a week now and I was interested to see if I can analyse my SD card and found the software needed (ResScan and Sleepy Head) and downloaded/installed successfully

Hi Paul and Welcome

Your current ResMed S9 Escape is what is usually referred to as a "brick", meaning it is not "data capable" Unfortunately, you've already seen all the information you'll ever be able to get from it in both ResScan and SleepyHead.

If your machine were data capable you'd be able to monitor your progress to help determine efficacy and whether your mask is leaking at night as well as the high resolution flow graphs and what type of apnea's you had etc. while you slept.

Since this is a trial, and you (like most people here) want to take an active role in your CPAP therapy to monitor your progress, you'll have to make a case to your provider to instead give you a data capable ResMed S9 Elite or even better - a ResMed S9 AutoSet which gives you the option of using it in the Automatic mode OR as a straight CPAP like the S9 Elite with a fixed pressure.

There's an article on our Wiki written by another Master Member (Archangle) that outlines the better CPAP machine choices so you don't get stuck with a brick like you currently have, read it here.

Merry Christmas!

Ren
Post Reply Post Reply

Thanks.

Look next to the power knob and see if it says "Escape."

If you're really been given an S9 Escape machine for a two month "trial," someone needs to have their medical license pulled or be fired from NHS. There's nothing they can tell from the trial other than whether you use the machine. If they'd given you an Elite or AutoSet, they would be basically giving you a mini sleep test every single night.
Get the free OSCAR CPAP software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi paulk11 and WELCOME! to the forum.!
What everybody has said thus far.
Hopefully you can trade your "brick" in for something that gives you more data.
Best of luck to you on your CPAP journey.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-24-2012, 04:28 AM)paulk11 Wrote: Has anyone had a similar experience? I'm in the UK and undergoing an initial 2 month trial.

Thanks.
UK experience quite different
everything is free and covered by NHS
ask your the doctors at your clinic about data capable machine
some folk pay out of pocket for a machine of their choice

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
  Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown. Captain Howdy 2 478 10-11-2023, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Captain Howdy
  Missing some OSCAR data?/RM AirSense11 TomWii 2 647 08-12-2023, 04:30 PM
Last Post: TomWii
Question [CPAP] Is the Resmed algorithm missing my AHI events? Nathan Graves 2 611 08-10-2023, 08:07 AM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Aircurve 10 VAUTO - missing Ti MAX/Min,Trigger, Rise time? sleep2023 9 1,016 06-26-2023, 10:10 AM
Last Post: sleep2023
  Myair app missing 1/2 of days sleep period Dchurch 4 706 03-21-2023, 01:52 PM
Last Post: SleepyMac

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.