Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing Time (no, it's not alien abduction!)
RE: Missing Time (no, it's not alien abduction!)
(12-18-2013, 01:25 PM)robysue Wrote: It would be useful for the OP to download ResScan and see what the data looks like in ResScan as well as SleepyHead.

I hadn't tried using ResScan, but I can certainly do that if you think it would help. It's probably a good idea because that would give me a better idea of the kind of data the doctor will actually get, won't it? I think I'm a little scared of ResScan because SH data seems too complicated for me to understand yet, so I figured ResScan would really be over my head!

The one bright spot is that I don't have to worry about compliance because my insurance bought the machine outright and isn't doing a rental. But it bothers me that the data looks like I'm turning off the machine or removing my mask in the night when I'm not, and that it's showing 3, 4 or 5 hours of use when it's actually 7 or 8 each night. I want my doctor to be able to see that I'm sticking with the therapy and doing everything I possibly can to feel better and improve my health.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would take the machine to the DME and have them check it or replace it with another one if you think there is the slightest possibility that it is defective. A defective machine means that you may not be getting the therapy you need.
Post Reply Post Reply
Once my data looked like that...large gap with no data and it confused me. It was an isolated event so I just moved on, but is it possible if the mask slips off or what happened to me was the bottom of the mask was in my mouth and air was just blowing into my nose and out my mouth......crappy feeling. My auto start was/is turned on.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-18-2013, 01:25 PM)robysue Wrote: It would be useful for the OP to download ResScan and see what the data looks like in ResScan as well as SleepyHead.

Robysue, I downloaded ResScan and looked at the data. It shows the same gaps in the data as SH showed. Going on the theory that I may be opening my mouth and the huge leaks are causing the gaps, I put a pillow under my chin last night (making sure not to block the vent on the mask). The data looked MUCH better for last night, so that leads me to believe that the problem is actually caused by me opening my mouth during the night, and the machine quits recording because the stream of air is going straight out my mouth, similar to someone who runs the machine without a mask trying to make it look like they used it more hours than they did. Does that make sense to anyone else? Or do you think I still have a hardware problem? It sounds like I'm either going to have to try a chin strap or I'm going to have to train myself not to open my mouth when I'm sleeping. Oh boy, that sounds like a fun challenge. Any suggestions on how to do that?

(12-19-2013, 06:34 PM)drgrimes Wrote: Once my data looked like that...large gap with no data and it confused me. It was an isolated event so I just moved on, but is it possible if the mask slips off or what happened to me was the bottom of the mask was in my mouth and air was just blowing into my nose and out my mouth......crappy feeling. My auto start was/is turned on.

I think you hit the nail on the head, dr. I suspect that's what's happening with me. Sounds like it may be time for a chin strap. Oh, joy. Something else on my head! Rolleyes

Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, I think I've confirmed that it was due to mask leaks that were apparently large enough to cause the machine to think that no one was on the other end of the mask. Smile I used a chin strap the last two nights and the data gaps completely disappeared. The S9 shows the correct number of hours of usage. If the gaps show up again while I'm using the chin strap, then I can assume it's the machine and return it for replacement. But I think we can consider this one solved. Thanks for your help!!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-21-2013, 09:03 PM)RockABye Wrote: Ok, I think I've confirmed that it was due to mask leaks that were apparently large enough to cause the machine to think that no one was on the other end of the mask.
I,m more inclined, the mask was removed during the gap period which is not uncommon because as far as I know if the mask on your face even with large leak, the S9 keep delivering therapy and don,t stop recording but than what do I know. Also with this kind of massive leak, would definitely wake you up if the mask was on your face at the time

Edit: chinstrap worn over the mask, would help keep the mask in place and prevents removing the mask accidentally
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Air11 now does daylight savings time! cathyf 5 209 Yesterday, 06:51 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  Airsense 11 Time Zone Change ScottZZZ 60 17,436 03-26-2024, 11:56 AM
Last Post: somewherein413
  TIME FOR SLEEPRIDER'S annual DST WARNING srlevine1 19 619 03-12-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: Homerec130
  First time looking at graphs interpretation help smallhandsfeeding 1 244 03-11-2024, 08:12 AM
Last Post: jdavis
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 269 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Taking mask off at the same time everynight sleepyman95 2 173 03-08-2024, 12:25 AM
Last Post: sleepyman95
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 170 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.