Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dreamstation Failed Performance Check due to Flashair?
Dreamstation Failed Performance Check due to Flashair?
Sharing my latest experience with my Dreamstation using Flashair.

I've been using Flashair 3 8gb on my Dreamstation for a couple of days now and have been blissfully enjoying accessing my daily data without removing my SD card until yesterday....

Yesterday, I woke up to find my Dreamstation start button blinking, and saw that the screen was stuck in a loop alternating between  "Dreamstation Auto Bipap" and "Data Activity. Do not Remove SD card".

I turned the Dreamstation off, unplugged it, and waited 5 mins and plugged it again but there was no change. Finally, I removed my Flashair and inserted the SD Card that came with my Dreamstation and that sorted it out. 

However, when I did the Dreamstation Performance Check,  it FAILED!

Today, I went to my DME and brought my machine for check up and the technician hooked up my machine to a laptop and "cleared the error" and that seemed to fix whatever was wrong with my  Dreamstation because my machine now passes the performance check. I didn't tell the technician about Flashair nor about the missing data from OSCAR because i feared that it might invalidate the warranty.

Previous to this,  I had uploaded my previous night's data to OSCAR and saw that there were several graphs that were missing. See my post about that here . I had originally thought that the missing data and the failed performance check were not linked but it seems that they are and somehow Flashair was the cause.

I will use my Dreamstation tonight using the Philips SD card. Hopefully, if my hunch is right, there won't be anything missing from tonight's data. I will keep you guys posted.

EDIT: Oh, I forgot to mention that the DME also upgraded my firmware to 1.1.8. I hope that will not mess up my machine.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Repaying my sleep debt, 1 night at a time...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation Failed Performance Check due to Flashair?
Your machine isn't aware of your FlashAir's wireless capabilities. It only sees an SD card. I am more inclined to believe that you had a power fluctuation during the night that may have corrupted the data.

In any case, I hope it works flawlessly for you now.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
And please check the SD card / FlashAir card for problems.
Put the SD card in the PC. Right click the drive (E:?). Click Properties, Tools, Check. Choose scan and repair or anything else to make sure there's no problem....
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply
UPDATE:  Last night's OSCAR data is complete!

I don't know what exactly happened there but I'll stop using Flashair in the meantime. (It was such a hassle bringing my unit to my DME for check up)

Thanks for the reply Crimson Nape and A. Clerk.

Crimson Nape: I've ruled out a power outage because my bedside digital clock was unaffected. However, you may be right about a power fluctuation and that is a definite possibility. I'll start using a voltage regulator from now on.

A. Clerk: I've done that and the Flashair showed no error.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Post Reply Post Reply
Check to make sure you didn't lock your flashair card. It has a lock on the side like any SD card.
Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. You can download your data through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Stick it to the man, Download OSCAR and take back control of your data!

Thanks Ian. Like I didn't have enough Honey-Do projects to tackle. Mornincoffee
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply AlanE!

As I understand from what I read in this forum the SD cards in dreamstation machines don't need to be unlocked/locked like the ones in resmed machines.
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, they do need to be unlocked for the machine to write to them ! Big Grin
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 09:59 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, they do need to be unlocked for the machine to write to them ! Big Grin

Haha you are absolutely right!  Too-funny See, this is what happens when you stay up late and lurk in Apnea Board. (Almost midnight here in my part of the world, I should be going to sleep!)  

But yes, the flashair card was unlocked.  Coffee
hearsay73
Hosehead padawan 
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-20-2019, 10:42 AM)hearsay73 Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 09:59 AM)pholynyk Wrote: Well, they do need to be unlocked for the machine to write to them ! Big Grin

Haha you are absolutely right!  Too-funny See, this is what happens when you stay up late and lurk in Apnea Board. (Almost midnight here in my part of the world, I should be going to sleep!)  

But yes, the flashair card was unlocked.  Coffee

You must be in the Philippines. Aren't you interested in helping translate OSCAR in your language? You would help an enormous lot of people!
Please send me a PM...
Arie KLERK: Member of the Dutch Apnea Association staff (https://apneuvereniging.nl) and proud to be the OSCAR Translations Team Coordinator. 
***Please help us: We’re always looking for more translators and language editors***

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients, but just dedication to AB. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 736 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,653 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Failed drive, now cannot install or uninstall Oscar jmac862 8 778 01-08-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: SGKent
  Viatom/Wellue Check Me O2 [interface cable] Kingsway 6 1,261 11-14-2023, 12:11 AM
Last Post: Muggzy
  FlashPAP - FlashAir WiFi SD card utility TiredToo 296 95,485 10-05-2023, 06:54 AM
Last Post: olddog27
Sad Upgrade check not working [fixed in OSCAR 1.5.1] clan 1 633 09-23-2023, 01:32 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  looking for FlashAir W-04 16GB SD_card image Dog Slobber 3 826 06-03-2023, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Dog Slobber

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.