Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Trial or Demo?
Trial or Demo?
I received a msg from MyAir (I set it up yesterday with new Resmed Auto 10) that makes me think I was sent a trial or demo machine. He's the msg:
Hello James,

The serial number of the machine you had on file with myAir previously had a relationship with a provider. That provider has removed this machine from your account so it has also been removed from your myAir account.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Trial or Demo?
Check the blower hours. If someone used it for a week or so, no big deal but if it was brought back with many hours you need to take it back. Divide 8 into the hours to get the approximate days.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
A "New" machine will have less than 1 hour, typically 0.0 hours, that depends if your DME tested the blower to make sure it worked. There is no need to test the blower when setting up your machine, inputting your initial settings. You are within your rights to insist on a "New" vs a "New to You" machine, you are paying for a new machine either way. Post the "Run" hours which is difficult to reset, not the Therapy hours which should be zero when you picked it up.
Post Reply Post Reply
When I received my machine, it had 52 hours on it. I didn't find that out until I became a member of this forum and was instructed as to how to find out. 

I didn't feel it was a big deal at the time, so I didn't give my DME supplier Hell about it. But......it isn't going to happen again, that much I can tell you.  Bigwink
Post Reply Post Reply
To me that is less than a week of use. You are paying for a new one but that much time would not be a big deal to me. Your choice if you want to press the issue.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-03-2020, 08:36 PM)staceyburke Wrote: To me that is less than a week of use. You are paying for a new one but that much time would not be a big deal to me. Your choice if you want to press the issue.

I had used my machine for about a week or so, until I found how to access the clinical menu. Wished I had known how to check the hours while the machine was being given to me and being shown how it functions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  APAP Trial - First Night's Results - Interpretation? Juicy 9 4,177 03-04-2024, 09:34 AM
Last Post: colethegamer
  CPAP trial - Improvements but exhausted still prairiesleeper 7 518 10-02-2023, 10:34 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  CPAP DreamStation CPAP Pro con Auto-Trial AirSense 10 AutoSet cybor 0 578 09-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Last Post: cybor
  [CPAP] Machine trial with Kaiser KKoelle 5 692 08-08-2023, 11:52 AM
Last Post: KKoelle
  New to CPAP - on week 4 of 6 week trial - Any Sefam S.Box users out there? Kingsway 14 1,714 07-26-2023, 02:59 PM
Last Post: dbcpap
  Trial Ending - a few questions jcw1407 1 408 05-30-2023, 07:26 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question [Equipment] Buying Used ResMed "Floor Demo Model" - Limitations? tehsygi 11 1,083 05-29-2023, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.