Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing hose fitting from this mask
Missing hose fitting from this mask
I have a Philips Respironics full face mask with no forehead stabilizer. i cannot find a model name or number on it. I've never used it, because it came without an adaptor to allow it to connect to the standard hose fitting. The mask outlet is too narrow to fit the hose connection; I'm pretty sure there's a piece missing from the mask. Can anyone take a look at the linked photo and see if there's anything I can do to get the missing piece? I was unable to attach a photo file so here's a Dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uv8qlc2u577zaf....jpeg?dl=0

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing hose fitting from this mask
Yes, you are missing the adaptor. I thought they came with the mask, but perhaps they come with the hose. Your equipment supplier should be able to sell you one.

Post Reply Post Reply
Any idea of the name of this mask? I can't seem to match it up with any of the photos of Phillips Respironics masks online.
Post Reply Post Reply
No, I don't recognize it. It could be older or very new. But that does not matter, the adaptor is standard. I use it with F&P masks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It cannot be more than about 8 years old. Respironics was not acquired by Phillips until early 2008 -- and the mask says Phillips Respironics on it.

OK, that thing is called the FullLife mask. It is discontinued; and it is missing a part that clips on the connector.

[Image: fulllife-full-face-cpap-mask-respironics.jpg]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Does the mask or the head strap have a name or model number?

It looks as if it might be the kind where the rubber neck of the hose just pushes over the plastic tube on the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
[Image: doh.gif]
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-11-2016, 11:26 AM)justMongo Wrote: [Image: doh.gif]

Good eye Mongo.....

I just went back and downloaded the OP's picture so I could enlarge it and see what I'd missed after your comment.

Oh-jeez
Maybe the eye test I had done last week was wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Found the part - an "entrainment valve." Bought it from EasyBreathe for $6, arrived today and it works perfectly. Saved a $150 mask!

Why do manufacturers discontinue useful products? This mask is one of the most comfortable I've used, because the silicone seal is amazingly flexible and soft. I have not found a full face mask that is this comfortable.

Thanks all for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-13-2016, 11:52 AM)petemsw Wrote: Found the part - an "entrainment valve." Bought it from EasyBreathe for $6, arrived today and it works perfectly. Saved a $150 mask!

Why do manufacturers discontinue useful products? This mask is one of the most comfortable I've used, because the silicone seal is amazingly flexible and soft. I have not found a full face mask that is this comfortable.

Thanks all for your help.

Good result..

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Flow LIMIT data missing tried to search forum Plmnb 16 273 03-10-2024, 01:10 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  SD Card in AirSense 11 missing data larryh 2 171 03-06-2024, 08:54 PM
Last Post: larryh
Question Hose volume Willw 4 236 02-26-2024, 04:53 PM
Last Post: Willw
  [Equipment] ResMed S9 Elite CPAP – Climate hose problem drewb6111 2 232 01-28-2024, 08:24 PM
Last Post: drewb6111
  How often to replace mask, hose, etc. bigla6940 6 582 12-30-2023, 07:00 AM
Last Post: bigla6940
  Do I have to "clean" my heated CPAP hose? Labromaniac 13 1,289 12-28-2023, 04:23 PM
Last Post: Palmtrees
  Oxygen into CPAP hose when at high altitude Lfmichel 4 543 12-20-2023, 09:39 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.