Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Missing profile and data
Missing profile and data
On the Oscar I had two profiles -- one with Resmed results from when I got the Resmed about 11/23/20.  The other profile was from my original PR System One machine that is only a backup now..  As I do every day, I put the SD card in my laptop and downloaded the previous nights result -- then after it downloaded the previous night, it seems the computer froze up, so I booted it.  Now, gone was all the data from both profiles, and the only profile listed is for the Resmed machine.  I put the card back in the pc and the data from 11/23/20 downloaded and appears proper -- other than all my note taking is gone.  I'm not sure what to think.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing profile and data
It sounds like you totally hosed it.  Were you importing your SD card directly into OSCAR when this occurred?  If so, then the following should get you back up and running, as well as, add some protection insurance to your data.
  1. Rebuilding OSCAR Data
    1. Go into your OSCAR_data directory / Profiles / Username / CPAP name and serial number directory / Backup directory.

2. Copy its data to a directory on your computer.  Use a name for the directory that will remind you of its purpose, something like, "Resmed10Data".  Any name will work for this.

3. After copying the data, go into the new location's DATALOG directory.  OSCAR adds your backup data into additional subdirectories named for the year. You will need to move this data back up to the DATALOG directory.

4. Start OSCAR and create a new profile.

5. Before importing the data from the new location, for the first import, go to File -> Preferences -> Import and deselect the option on the lower right, "Import without asking for confirmation".

6. Import your data by specifying the new directory as your data source.  After the first time, you can go back and re-select the above option.  OSCAR records the last location that it imported data from.
  2. Updating your data in its new storage location
    1. Use a data synchronization program like, rsync (most OS's), SyncToy2 (Windows add-on),  RoboCopy (Windows built-in), etc.  All the ones I've mentioned are free.  Their purpose is to only copy the newer files from your SD card to your storage location on your computer, and not every file each time.

2. Each time you wish to import your data, you will use one of these programs to transfer the data to your "safe" storage location.

3. You then will always import your data into OSCAR from this directory.  This will break the direct link between importing from your SD card and importing data into OSCAR.

I hope this may help.  Good luck!

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Missing profile and data
Yes, "hosed it". LOL, I appreciate the information, not sure I'm going to do it though. I recently reverted my laptop from "free upgrade Windows 10" back to the original Windows 7 -- I seem to have some issues with the laptop starting. It likes to freeze up at startup. And startup troubleshooting attempts don't seem to do anything. Yes, I was loading directly from the SD card to Oscar. Last nights information had downloaded into Oscar, then it suddenly froze up while the program was still open.

While I was waiting for the restart, I moved the SD card to my desktop computer and downloaded the days information on it, and everything seemed to work properly. I use the desktop unit as my 'backup'. I don't back up the laptop, I do backup the desktop unit. I like the laptop Oscar because I use the "Notes" daily on it and that information doesn't get copied to the desktop computer.

I guess I could also grab the SD card from the PR System one unit and load it as a new profile, again with no notes though. Although I don't know that it will do any good since I hardly ever look at that information.
Anyway, I'll mull it over, as soon as my head gets out of the fog. Thanks for the help.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Won't load profile - Sonoma 14.4.4 MacBook Pro breathingwell 1 47 04-17-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: breathingwell
  Can I delete a profile in Oscar? JUllian 8 2,337 04-12-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: amarnina
  Missing data hadan 0 117 04-01-2024, 04:46 PM
Last Post: hadan
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 254 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 251 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 192 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Total Time In Apnea is missing ElUno 3 388 02-26-2024, 09:23 AM
Last Post: LoudSnorer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.