Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mistake setting pressure
RE: Mistake setting pressure
Not a generator. You need a sealed AGM deep cycle battery with a min rating of 35Ah. Also the Resmed 12V adapter and a trickle charger for the battery. The battery won't be light, but you need something with at least that much of a rating. You cannot run it with humidification or heated hose, or you will drain the battery in 6-7 hours to almost completely empty which would be very bad for the battery. Having a back up power source is good, but make sure you get the right kind of equipment.

Marillion - Excuse my ignorance. I don't know anything about batteries and a trickle charger. Will you explain just how this whole process would work - not just the required equipment. Would I charge the battery in my garage with the trickle charger, carry the battery to my bedroom and attach it to my machine with the Resmed adapter. How to I keep the AGM deep cycle battery working without electricity. Does it run on Kerosene? So could I even charge it in my garage? How heavy is the battery?

I am kind of losing interest in this process, although I do worry about being without electricity. 

Thanks for your help.

Sleepytimegal
Post Reply Post Reply
There are many threads on battery backups for CPAP machines. I did a quick search and found this one:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ckup-setup

But to answer your question, a sealed AGM battery would have nothing to do with Kerosene and you would be perfectly safe leaving a trickle charger on the battery in your bedroom.

An intelligent charger (google battery tender) is a battery charger that recharges the battery and then slowly charges it as it discharges. You leave it connected when not using your battery.

An AGM battery in a 35Ah size would be approx 35-40 pounds I'm guessing. Maybe heavier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Marillion, Thanks for all that advice. I think I have lost interest in that whole thing. I do pretty well sleeping on my side and maintaining my airway in case of an electrical problem. Frankly a battery that heavy isn't going to work for me. I might read over the link that you gave me to see if there's anything more 'me', but the expense deters me too. 

But thanks, Sleepytimegal
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 159 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,200 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  AirSense 10 Max Pressure setting Tomt 13 859 03-04-2024, 07:11 PM
Last Post: Tomt
  Air Sense 11 - Pressure Setting goblue2024 3 426 01-10-2024, 02:20 PM
Last Post: dataq1
  [CPAP] Need help with setting minimum pressure for my Father. Jamie Connor 2 386 01-07-2024, 12:18 AM
Last Post: Jamie Connor
  Skipped therapy last night, big mistake tbhausen 4 464 01-02-2024, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  AirSense 10 and Humidity Setting Columbiabill 16 3,008 12-12-2023, 08:06 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.