Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Mixed Up SD Cards - Now What?
Mixed Up SD Cards - Now What?
I knew I was going to do it, and I finally did it last night. My wife uses a ResMed S9 and I have a ResMed A10. I put my card in her machine, and hers in mine. Any thoughts on how to get out of this mix up? Is there any way I can get last nights data without messing up what I have in SleepyHead? SleepyHead was up to date yesterday before the mix up. Or should I just delete the files on each card and let the machine format and start over again, and forget about last nights data?

Any help you can provide is appreciated...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Mixed Up SD Cards - Now What?
Copy the files you want to switch to your computer than delete those two days off the SD cards. Copy the files from the computer and paste back into the correct cards.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Each CPAP should have sensed a foreign data structure and reformatted the card to its requirement. Download last night's data and then put them in the proper machine. They will be reformatted again.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-20-2018, 09:22 AM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Each CPAP should have sensed a foreign data structure and reformatted the card to its requirement. Download last night's data and then put them in the proper machine.  They will be reformatted again.

I looked at the file structure and files on each card. Everything has yesterday or today's date on the file. So I think what you are saying is that all the old data except for last night is gone already?
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you. That worked. No data lost!!
Post Reply Post Reply
You are correct, Resmed changed the data structure when they introduced the A10. If both machines were S9's or A10's, then it would have been a different story.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SD Cards - backup [SOLVED] Post 11 ApneaticBill 39 2,430 12-07-2022, 10:05 PM
Last Post: ApneaticBill
  AirSense 11 and SD Cards and Oscar brasshopper 2 1,222 03-19-2022, 01:45 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question Oscar report issue (mixed up CSR & PB charts) zlatko 4 848 11-18-2021, 07:24 AM
Last Post: zlatko
  Combining data from 2 SD cards with overlapping data. SevereApnea 4 1,069 02-17-2021, 02:44 AM
Last Post: SevereApnea
Question SleepyHead and Wifi SD Cards DrAHI 5 2,106 01-05-2019, 11:00 PM
Last Post: CB91710
  Resmed Autosense 10 and SD cards alanarthur 13 3,503 05-23-2018, 01:04 AM
Last Post: RedBarron
  Do any other WiFi cards work? Beej 4 2,046 11-02-2017, 06:02 PM
Last Post: Sheepish

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.