Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Modded ResMed Liberty Hybrid mask to mouth-only
Modded ResMed Liberty Hybrid mask to mouth-only
I can't breathe through my nose, so I took the nasal pillows out of my hybrid mask, trimmed the plastic down, and filled the gaps with soft silicone ear plugs (specifically Mack's brand, though I'm others would work fine). This completely stopped leaks from the nose area. It's soft and comfortable against my nose.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Modded ResMed Liberty Hybrid mask to mouth-only
Here's another view.

Post Reply Post Reply
Have you ever tried the Oracle? It's a mouth mask, much like a SCUBA mouthpiece.

Interesting modification.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi user12345,
Usually modifying masks is not recommended, but I hope your modification works well for you.
I do understand the predicament you were in with that particular mask.
Best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Interesting mod...

It was the mouth I had leak troubles with.

I an fortunate enough to have had the CPAP therapy open up my nasal airways and so I've been able to go to a Pilairo Nasal Pillow mask to solve the leak problems.
Post Reply Post Reply
Which CPAP do you have? Is it data capable? I'd be interested in seeing how your numbers are.

As long as the modification does not hinder the venting of the air, it should work just fine.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi user12345

Why mod such an expensive mask in the first place? If you want an oral mask, why not go for the Oracle HC452 Oral CPAP Mask by Fisher & Paykel?

;-> gjw
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-12-2013, 11:44 AM)user12345 Wrote: I can't breathe through my nose, so I took the nasal pillows out of my hybrid mask, trimmed the plastic down, and filled the gaps with soft silicone ear plugs (specifically Mack's brand, though I'm others would work fine). This completely stopped leaks from the nose area. It's soft and comfortable against my nose.

Thanks for posting, innovative solution to a nagging problem Coffee

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 34 Today, 06:41 AM
Last Post: LaraM
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 376 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Mouth Tape Tradegy PappaJoe 5 317 03-23-2024, 01:49 AM
Last Post: stevew168
Information Alaxo Hybrid Stent with CPAP - Therapy Thread G. Szabo 29 1,213 03-22-2024, 10:51 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,080 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
  Choosing Apnea Mouth Guard newtothis1 9 806 03-08-2024, 09:52 PM

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.