Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Dehumidifier or not
Dehumidifier or not
We off to Tasmania for a holiday soon.
Currently living on Sunny coast of Queensland where I dont use the dehumidifier.
Just wondering if I will need it down in Tassy as it is colder at nights
Any help appreciated
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dehumidifier or not
I think you mean humidifier. Depends on the level of ambient humidity in the air - be aware that even then,depending on the machine, it will suck some of the humidity out in the process of compressing it and transmitting it to you. Tas is very coastal, so you might have a high humidity level.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you take it with you, you will have it if it is needed.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi worthog,
You might take your humidifier, just to be on the safe side, thoughI know it's a bit of a hassle. Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Have a good holliday.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm in Tassie and I would say bring your humidifier so you have it if you feel the need to use it. There is a saying that we can experience all 4 seasons in a day!

Just last week we had one day with a max temp of 28 degrees, 2 days later the max was 15. Nights tend to be cool unless the daytime max gets up over 30 which is not that often and usually in January/February. I've been on CPAP since the start of July and have used the humidifier every night but 1, not intentionally and I suffered.

Enjoy your visit Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-22-2014, 05:14 PM)PaytonA Wrote: If you take it with you, you will have it if it is needed.

if you take it with you, you won't need it. But, if you don't take it with you, you will need it Smile
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
echo, echo, echo ...
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
Some people don't use humidifier at all, Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring
Some people are seasonable

I use humidifier all year round, turn up humidity level on cold nights and down on warmer nights

If you're a betting man ... play it safe, have each way bet

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks everyone for your replys
Think I will go with a dollar each way and take it just in case
Happy sleeping
From Worthog in Brightwater (Mountain Creek)Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Dreamstation dehumidifier Toob 4 862 12-23-2020, 05:09 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
  PR System One Series dehumidifier issue msgtb 3 2,791 03-16-2014, 10:42 AM
Last Post: JWR

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.