Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

some thoughts after a few weeks?
RE: some thoughts after a few weeks?
I'm inclined to agree that those look like positional shifting, but we'll see if someone who knows what they're talking about comes by to weigh in.
Look, I'm an engineer, not a doctor! Please don't take my opinion as a substitute for medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Could you provide a zoomed view of the double CAs at ~0048.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm kind of surprised nothing was flagged right after that hypopnea. Any thoughts on why that would be so?
Paula

"If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now."
Post Reply Post Reply
double event attached    
Post Reply Post Reply
At ~2218 can you post a zoomed view of that CA?
Post Reply Post Reply
    do you mean 0218?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-11-2023, 06:27 PM)ifsmithy Wrote: do you mean 0218?

Sorry about that. yes. that will do.

I do not see a definite arousal prior to the CA events, the timing of the leak would lead me to think some form of head movement to cause a short leak, most likely a slight positional change during which you would hold your breath, and roll slightly. Not a full roll over

What did catch my attention was the distorted peaks of the inspirational portion of the flow rate wave shapes, both preceding and following the events. It indicates to me you need additional support.

I went back to review your previous posts in this thread, most of the images are removed. so I can no longer reference them, you've had some very experienced, knowledgeable people assisting on this. So I wonder if you might be better off if we reset back to the best nights of sleep and best OSCAR Reported sleep.

I will let you pick the pressure routine that gave you the best sleep, from that we can review and go from there, but I think you should stay at the same pressure routine for a couple of days to ensure you are not chasing a false lead, an outlier.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks greatly - i had to delete previous nights as i was being flagged as having too many attachments.
Will settle in and report back - thanks a lot!
Moving in the right direction so that is encouraging!
Post Reply Post Reply
quite happy with this - most of the CA's appear to be centered trying to get back to sleep after I woke.

used V-Com - no mouth tape and with a new mask n20 - lot more confortable

want to try the memory foam version I think.

I have the ability to try another mask soon- ive done the P10 - too unstable for me and lot of leaks.

I like the N20

any others to try?

any other advice? 

need to try this for a few nights to get a proper baseline!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good, that AirTouch N20 is a good.

I've tried both the AirFit and the AirTouch. 

Mask are unique to the individual. What works for one person may not work for another. 

I am currently using FFM, they do not recommend them for people using higher pressure. 

I looked them straight in the eye, "How High is Higher", I ask.

They looked at me and said "you're beyond High".

"I'll take them, I tape my mouth." I replied.

I do not suggest that for anyone, do not do as I do. But do try many different mask, until you find Goldilocks.

Ride that pressure for a couple of days, then post back with screenshots of your OSCAR Reports.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 12 579 04-16-2024, 11:46 AM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Rising AHI the last couple of weeks Brimstone 7 246 04-12-2024, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Brimstone
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 968 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo
Question In the past 2-3 weeks, my AHI during afternoon nap rose to 20-40 tmrlhk 5 189 04-01-2024, 06:13 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 247 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,736 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 818 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.