Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Moderator Note] Your private details
Cool 
Your private details
Ladies and gentlemen, we frequently see attachments which include peoples' private details, often including full name, date of birth and sometimes the address and phone number. While many people are happy to let this information appear in a public forum, most would not. So before including any attachments, please check them to make sure you're happy with the contents.

In Oscar and SleepyHead, the statistics page and pdf report will contain any personal information you have in your profile. The only way to avoid this is to delete the information from the profile or else delete it from the report electronically. The only information which is mandatory in the profile is a user name. Everything else is optional.

In sleep study reports your details will always be printed on the first page, and often on the following pages. You should cover these before scanning the document or else delete them electronically.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Your private details
The OSCAR team is aware of this issue and a future release will either allow information to be excluded from reports, or notice will be included when completing the user profile that only a user-name is required. In my case, I have always used Sleeprider as a profile name and I have not included other information. You may edit your user profile at any time, however at this time the user-name cannot be changed unless you create a new profile.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
it's my understanding that f11 before f12 screenshot will remove the name at top of the daily graph page.

it's been a while so my recollection is vague, and although I think it was oscar it could have been sleepyhead, but when I attempted to change my profile name, the data became inaccessible. idk if this is a problem beyond me or what to do about it but others should be warned if it's a thing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sheepless, SleepyHead used a full screen routine that did indeed strip the user name from the top of a page. But it also covered up useful stuff like the menu bar, leaving many users wondering what's going on, and being unable to get back to a normal screen.

In Oscar the full screen has been replaced by Maximise, which creates the largest available window without going full screen. So everything on the Oscar screen is included in the screenshot when you press F12.

The more specific problem we're referring to here is that the Statistics page and the PDF report include private details from your profile. If you've filled out your profile in full with name, address, date of birth etc, these will all be displayed in the output. (This behaviour is inherited from SleepyHead). As Sleeprider said, the Oscar team is looking at options around this, but for the time being we suggest you only put your user name in the profile and leave the rest blank.
Post Reply Post Reply
thanks for the explanation, DeepBreathing. I did notice 'maximize' & an apparent change in screen behavior with f11 but didn't pay it much attention, thinking it might be a beta bug.

I'm pretty sure it was in oscar that I lost data access after changing the profile name. one of the several beta versions I was maintaining until then, so I just let it go without figuring out the problem. kind of nervous about trying it again.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OSCAR Technology - Install & Data Aquisition Details EasySleep 3 119 03-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  [Admin Note] Policy clarification [off-site advice & advice given via Private Message system] SuperSleeper 2 2,791 02-06-2024, 09:00 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Dr. Steven Park details his UARS journey gainerfull 3 623 12-18-2023, 12:01 PM
Last Post: srwilsn3
  [Admin Note] Reminder concerning advice offered via Private Messages SuperSleeper 1 1,089 10-27-2022, 09:27 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  DELETING old Private Messages prior to Jan 1, 2019 [completed] SuperSleeper 2 1,044 10-13-2020, 12:59 AM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  MyAir data details jwoodz 3 1,147 08-02-2020, 05:51 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Compliance report lack of details rbeville13 6 1,147 06-30-2020, 03:20 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.