Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Modern machines.
RE: Modern machines.
DocWils,

You are not the run of the mill doc that we see in the U.S. The GP who was my PCP had to be literally forced to use his computer work station for patient records. I used to tease him about it.

I understand the potential problems with security and patient privacy but much of what you are talking about concerns doctors as an organization and that in itself slows change. Some individual docs are not too slow to change although they must be sure that changes are safe for their patients.

Of course, for a rep anything short of right now is too slow.

The joys of the medical community.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
I believe that the z1 folk are making its data available via iPhone. but... only iPhone not android, and not compatible with anything else Sad

i satisfy the geek by using a flashair card and flashpap rather than sneakernetting the data.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 06:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I understand the potential problems with security and patient privacy but much of what you are talking about concerns doctors as an organization and that in itself slows change.
There is more than security and privacy, there are also medical legal issues concerning doctors
For example, if truck driver or bus driver is using CPAP and has a crash and during the trial been discovered the driver did not use CPAP the night before the crash also the data for past weeks before the crash is far from ideal, high AHI and leak rate
Could the doctor who is taking care (duty of care) of the driver be charged with negligence as he should acted earlier and called the driver for a face to face and doing some adjustment and advise on suitable mask

This is only the tip of the iceberg .... iceberg is not a lettuce Smile

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 06:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: DocWils,

You are not the run of the mill doc that we see in the U.S. The GP who was my PCP had to be literally forced to use his computer work station for patient records. I used to tease him about it.

I understand the potential problems with security and patient privacy but much of what you are talking about concerns doctors as an organization and that in itself slows change. Some individual docs are not too slow to change although they must be sure that changes are safe for their patients.

Of course, for a rep anything short of right now is too slow.

The joys of the medical community.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

A lot of hospitals in the US are moving to paperless as much as they can, but like Switzerland, there is no one system to unify them (the Us Army and the VA are ahead in that regard) but written and signed orders are still the law in both countries, most countries, so far as I know, and that of course makes going 100% digital difficult. Private practices will be very slow to adopt paperless information chains - for one thing, there is no one standard, and that makes it difficult, for another, besides book keeping and billing, all record keeping systems for medicine are very expensive for single users. The same for digitising lab and radiology records. That said, most practising GPs are moving in that direction at least partially - ultrasound devices are completely digital, and have to have add-on printers nowadays, there are hundreds of professional devices that interface with tablets now as imaging devices or viewing devices, most emergency intubation devices now have a little screen on them with a camera on the insertion tube to show the doc or Pa where the tube is going, which is great because before it was done by feel - either you had a good feel for it or you didn't. But it all costs money, and given how expensive it is to kit out a basic practice (here it will set you back 1.5 million) the extra expense is not often welcome.

As for what most of us think of reps, well, you can imagine....
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-02-2015, 09:59 PM)zonk Wrote:
(07-02-2015, 06:12 PM)PaytonA Wrote: I understand the potential problems with security and patient privacy but much of what you are talking about concerns doctors as an organization and that in itself slows change.
There is more than security and privacy, there are also medical legal issues concerning doctors
For example, if truck driver or bus driver is using CPAP and has a crash and during the trial been discovered the driver did not use CPAP the night before the crash also the data for past weeks before the crash is far from ideal, high AHI and leak rate
Could the doctor who is taking care (duty of care) of the driver be charged with negligence as he should acted earlier and called the driver for a face to face and doing some adjustment and advise on suitable mask

This is only the tip of the iceberg .... iceberg is not a lettuce Smile

Sleep-well

I can't see that one, except perhaps in the US where litigation without reason is more common. But yes, there are tons of legal issues - only that one would be a hard sell - no doctor is tasked with tracking a patient 24/7, and unless the software had a method of alerting the doc when there is non-compliance of deeply substandard response to care, and the doc was obliged to be first responder on an alert, I just don't see it - most likely any alert would be tasked to someone else, a whole new industry coming online, telemedicine, which is run, at least here, by insurance companies.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  csa machines cexer 1 124 03-20-2024, 01:43 PM
Last Post: cexer
  Returning defective machines to Philips Respironics big_dave 5 856 02-04-2024, 02:15 PM
Last Post: big_dave
  Central vs. OA Events: Switching Machines or Tweaking Current CPAP Settings? fjones416 4 522 12-14-2023, 12:28 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Difference in Machines SufiMindtricks 8 610 11-26-2023, 11:59 AM
Last Post: HappySailor
  SoClean & other CPAP cleaning machines britincanada 505 83,903 11-12-2023, 12:35 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
Angry [Equipment] KILLER STORY ON PHILLIPS CPAP MACHINES srlevine1 10 2,110 11-03-2023, 08:27 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  Travel PAP machines - heat/moisture exchange units - do they work? Bostonsnow 1 788 06-10-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.