Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Modification to Reduce noise in Dreamstation from hose to mask
RE: Modification to Reduce noise in Dreamstation from hose to mask
(08-06-2016, 08:24 PM)PoolQ Wrote: Not saying it will be a problem, just keep an eye on it

Think about what the machine sees and what it is trying to figure out. It only sees the end of the tube and has to identify apneas, by type. It does this with pressure pulses and is trying to figure out if there is:

A. a tube, a mask, and lungs (central)OR
B. a tube, and a mask (obstructive)

in your case it will now see a bottle, a tube, a mask and then maybe lungs. This will "look" different and react differently to the pressure pulses. I would think that if you had a large enough bottle, the machine would lose the ability to detect central apneas because the volume of the bottle would look like the same volume of lungs.

Thanks, I have also made up a 250ml bottle would that be a better bet. Cheers Steve
Post Reply Post Reply
I also have a whine/whirring sound on my dreamstation.  Isn't it a defect in the motor?  I am trying to return it to get fixed or replaced.

Is this on all of the dreamstations?   I compared to my Philips System One machine and the motor is silent.  I don't think they would replace it with a noisy motor, would they?

The noise is driving me crazy.... but I haven't tried it with the humidifier, as I live in the tropics and the air is pretty humid already.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 09:42 AM)midgarden Wrote: I also have a whine/whirring sound on my dreamstation.  Isn't it a defect in the motor?  I am trying to return it to get fixed or replaced.

Is this on all of the dreamstations?   I compared to my Philips System One machine and the motor is silent.  I don't think they would replace it with a noisy motor, would they?

The noise is driving me crazy.... but I haven't tried it with the humidifier, as I live in the tropics and the air is pretty humid already.

The PR One has inside the humidifier a specifically built a muffler very effective, the dramstation does not have it but the humidifier without heating and without water has the same effect as the old PR One.

Try to see how much the noise improves, The old PR are the most silent machines that exist, none has equaled them.

Sorry Google translation
Post Reply Post Reply
Gracias (si su nombre es perchas, imagino que haba espanol). 

No problem with the google translate.  Even without the humidifier, my System One has no motor noise.  Sounds like a loose bearing (a very tiny bearing) or something.

Hard to believe that Philips would let a product with that noise go out for sale...   but you never know I guess.  I will try with the humidifier.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 12:51 PM)midgarden Wrote: Gracias (si su nombre es perchas, imagino que haba espanol). 

No problem with the google translate.  Even without the humidifier, my System One has no motor noise.  Sounds like a loose bearing (a very tiny bearing) or something.

Hard to believe that Philips would let a product with that noise go out for sale...   but you never know I guess.  I will try with the humidifier.

Yes, I am Spaniard, your message has brought me good memories of your country, I spent two years in three months working at UNIBE and UASD in Santo Domingo, I lived in the Hotel Santo Domingo in Malecon, I met Juan Luis Guerra when I started His artistic career, was a basketball player and at UNIBE we hired him a whole night to celebrate the end of the course of a promo of Dr, jajajajajaja...., it was the time of "Ojala que llueva Cafe",.........¡¡¡¡ "La Bella Blue", El Petit Chateau", que recuerdos........1!!!!

Try the humidifier, you could also try to freeze the humidifier and breathe fresh mountain air for a few hours, I do here in Spain and Phoenix, two dry and very torrid places.

Saludos
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-18-2017, 09:42 AM)midgarden Wrote: I also have a whine/whirring sound on my dreamstation.  Isn't it a defect in the motor?  I am trying to return it to get fixed or replaced.

You must connect with the humidifier to use. Just fill the water to full tank. The water acts as muffier to reduce the airflow sound. No need to turn on the humidifier if you feels humid

Also humidifer with water makes the machine heavy and stable on the table and the motor sound will be gone

Same case as my F&P Icon!
I hope the above method can help you
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Tony and Perchas.  I attached the humidifier and it seems hide the noise.  I have no water in it, but seems to work well anyway and the humidity at 0.  

Thanks!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 12 388 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How do I reduce mouth leaking? meatheadmd 6 380 Yesterday, 01:42 PM
Last Post: Old Codger
  Airmini noise question sfr79 38 20,290 03-20-2024, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Blausser
Video [Equipment] Resmed AS10 Water Chamber Noise SOLUTION fixed it 0 90 03-18-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  Breas Z2 - mask question/air noise sallym 0 147 03-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Last Post: sallym
  [Equipment] Loud noise from AirFit F20 mask SleepyLuke 2 1,603 03-04-2024, 12:38 AM
Last Post: SleepyLuke
  How to reduce flow limitations yankees123 5 342 02-27-2024, 08:41 PM
Last Post: yankees123

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.