Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Modifying Philips AutoSV Bipap Machine Lowest setting
RE: Modifying Philips AutoSV Bipap Machine Lowest setting
Adding to Fred's info about Notepad ++

It's a free item available for download. Most recent version was released 1/27/19, called 7.6.3

As for modifying any CPAP to generate less pressure than 4 (or a few that start at 3), unless I'm seriously mistaken, and unless given a medical reason, therapy pressure under that threshold would likely be severely limited in usefulness.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2019, 03:21 PM)bonjour Wrote: Search for Notepad++, it is an excellent and flexible text editor.

yes, I had it on my computer last year. what do you think of my suggestion of poking holes in mask? (posted on myapnea forum). will that reduce pressure below 4?
Post Reply Post Reply
Poking holes in the mask will only get the blower to blow harder to maintain the pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply
As an experiment, and not on a patient of any kind, add a throttle valve on the tube and us a manometer (old school) to measure pressure. CPAP masks NEED their intentional leak to wash out CO2.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2019, 03:42 PM)bonjour Wrote: As an experiment, and not on a patient of any kind, add a throttle valve on the tube and us a manometer (old school) to measure pressure.  CPAP masks NEED their intentional leak to wash out CO2.

thanks for suggestion. I might need to buy some stuff.

(02-08-2019, 03:30 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Adding to Fred's info about Notepad ++

It's a free item available for download. Most recent version was released 1/27/19, called 7.6.3

As for modifying any CPAP to generate less pressure than 4 (or a few that start at 3), unless I'm seriously mistaken, and unless given a medical reason, therapy pressure under that threshold would likely be severely limited in usefulness.

you are right. low Pressure I asking for is for research purposes and is for medical reason.
Post Reply Post Reply
Sach_nyc,

Sincerely the best wishes for the research success. Sometimes apnea therapy is best treated with methods contrary to current standard action. Keep us updated on this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-08-2019, 06:33 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: Sach_nyc,

Sincerely the best wishes for the research success. Sometimes apnea therapy is best treated with methods contrary to current standard action. Keep us updated on this.

thanks for best wishes.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Questions about the Oximetry Preferences setting.... Lucky7 4 164 03-23-2024, 04:35 PM
Last Post: croc297
  import data from Philips Alice NightOne into OSCAR FHTC 6 268 03-09-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 541 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  Missing graphs, Philips BiPAP autoSV Advanced 30 SenatorBirch 7 649 10-22-2023, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Philips Care Orchestrator & Patient Access(?) StratCat48 10 5,252 10-17-2023, 06:46 PM
Last Post: The Rog
  Current firmware for the Philips dreamstation johnathonm 177 82,659 08-30-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  Setting sleep time larryh 5 925 06-09-2023, 11:46 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.