Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Modifying the duration of a session
Modifying the duration of a session
Hi,

Is it possible tor crop or modify the duration of a session on Oscar? The problem is, weird things can happen when going to sleep or waking up, so these events can mess the calculations. For example, yesterday, after going to bed and wearing my mask, I realized I forgot to turn off the TV so I removed the mask and went to the living room and came back and put the mask on. Now, this naturally resulted in a very large leak and because of that the chart's vertical scale increased to be able to show this event. For the rest of the sleep the leak was very low but you can't see the variations because the chart's scale is too big now. A second example, after waking up I didn't remove the mask for 30-45 mins and during this time I wasn't asleep but the machine recorded 1 central and 1 obstructive event, doubling my AHI for the session. I think there should be a way to edit the exact sleep onset and waking up times and Oscar should give the AHI (and modify the charts) according to that period.

Thanks...
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Modifying the duration of a session
As best as I recall, unless you've caused separate sessions by turning off/on the machine, then you have no way to turn off sections of the therapy session.

The end section mentioned was by your description sleep/wake junk and can be ignored. On the leak graph, I think you can manually change the Y axis of the graph by a right click while pointing at the leak chart. This gives a menu to scale Y axis up or down.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Modifying the duration of a session
In order to maintain data integrity in OSCAR, there isn't a way to crop or modify the reported data.  Several governing authorities, throughout the world, rely on its data reporting for licensing reasons.  If editing of the data was allowed, OSCAR could not be used or considered accurate for this purpose.  

You are limited to stopping your AS10 anytime you need to get up or awaken and restarting when you resume your sleep session.  This no-sleep time will appear as a blank area on your graphs and will not record any degrading information that will reflect in your statistical data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Editing session start/end times within OSCAR jas102543 6 1,581 03-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Last Post: j12251225
  Not all session data is imported clan 21 2,214 12-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Last Post: guzzle
  Issue: Oscar imported session partially alexroz 3 556 11-04-2023, 04:15 AM
Last Post: alexroz
  Session Preferences srlevine1 0 426 10-24-2023, 07:30 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
Thumbsdown DreamStation 2 Session Info - Phantom Disconnects Wizard99 24 2,507 10-02-2023, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  How does OSCAR decide what day a session belongs to? anobono 2 678 06-22-2023, 06:55 PM
Last Post: anobono
  Remove imported session from OSCAR? Cuppa 2 551 03-16-2023, 12:02 AM
Last Post: Cuppa

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.