Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moisture in My Wisp nasal mask
Been using my Auto CPAP for a long time now, but just got the newest nasal mask (WISP from Respronics), I have a Dream Station Auto CPAP with heated hose and humidifer, never had a condinsation problem before, I have always used nasalk pillows. I must say I am liking the nasal mask, OK so how do I stop the condenstaion?? I have the humidifier on 5 and the heated hose on 5....
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
Hi Genetini,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
You could try turning your humidifier back a notch or two.
Hang in there for more responses to your post, good luck to you as you continue your CPAP therapy.

trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Agree with trish,
Turn down the settings a notch. Sounds like too much humidity.

OpalRose
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your SleepyHead Charts
Using Attachments to Post ScreenShots and Images.
Machine choices

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Turn the hose on Auto.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board 
Robysue's Beginner's Guide to Sleepyhead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
If there is no condensation in the tubing, but only in the mask area, it is quite likely the moisture added by your nose and lungs. This is especially possible if you keep your bedroom cold. Mine is 22-23C (72-74F) and I don't usually have a problem. Sometimes in the Spring my room gets colder, and then I get a damp nose.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
First, check your settings. You may have accidentally changed them. If you are on AUTO, then you might adjust the temperature setting a bit and see if that improves it.

The auto-humidity setting sensor is at the end of the hose that plugs into your mask. Mine doesn't always work right because I sleep with my face in the pillow occasionally and that probably interferes with the sensor.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pico nasal mask replacement Hypoxic 4 146 07-12-2018, 04:15 AM
Last Post: Hypoxic
  Nasal Mask Advice EllenLee 10 418 07-06-2018, 04:55 PM
Last Post: Cpapian
  [CPAP] Mouth breather and nasal mask atsoum 12 730 07-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Last Post: Howie51
  Dreamwear nasal mask is noisy SueDonym 2 235 06-14-2018, 01:51 AM
Last Post: ICEMAN
Question Nasal Pillows vs. Full Face Mask RedBarron 24 1,447 06-13-2018, 11:32 PM
Last Post: rlowe44
  Selecting first full face or nasal mask BlueDragon75 10 339 06-10-2018, 09:22 PM
Last Post: ShaunBlake
  Modification to the Dreamwear Nasal Mask cronkster 18 820 06-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Last Post: cronkster