Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Moisturizing creams for full mask users
Moisturizing creams for full mask users
Hi everyone and happy holidays!

I'm currently having a lot of trouble keeping my skin moisturized, especially around the areas where my full face mask sits in place every night. The redness around the area is starting to be come red and noticeable if you are close to me.

Does anyone have a good moisturizing cream they would recommend? I'm already using a Cetaphil daily facial moisturizer, but it doesn't seem to be doing the trick.

Thanks again!

-Also I double check with my MD and I'm NOT having an allergic reaction.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Moisturizing creams for full mask users
Seldom have that problem.
But I have used a homemade mask liner the few times I have. Eliminated the problem.
Also Gold Bond medicated skin creme works wonders and after on for a few minutes isn't greasy and doesn't cause leaks
Post Reply Post Reply
I use Walmart brand eczema lotion, it moistens the skin really well.. One thing I've noticed if I don't drink a healthy amount of water I start getting that same rash. So just make sure your drinking water to keep your skin hydrated.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cetaphil is a good fragrance-free body moisturizer, but leaves a shiny coating. I like it in summer for day skin. For my face, the dermatologist recommended CeraVe. It is similar to Cetaphil, but less greasy. Really, what works for you will be trial and error. If redness is related to Rosacea then Mirvaso is a prescription product that removes redness by shrinking the capillaries near the skin surface. It lasts about 6 hours and will hide mask marks.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,281 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Full Face Mask Recommendations for Minimal Bounce with Pressure Support Unkikonki 15 524 03-14-2024, 03:00 PM
Last Post: RLRoth
  [News] Fisher and Paykel Evora Full SarcasticDave94 155 16,608 03-06-2024, 09:03 AM
Last Post: SheShells23
  Pros/Cons of buying PAP at full price TwoFistedWonderBrain 14 702 02-24-2024, 10:39 AM
Last Post: TwoFistedWonderBrain
  Flow Limitations Full Face Mask vs Pillows wickedsleepy 4 399 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: wickedsleepy
  [CPAP] Dry mouth despite humidifier and full face mask Tactful3149 2 448 02-13-2024, 03:25 PM
Last Post: Tactful3149
  Low o2 with full face mask Eabhainn 2 264 02-09-2024, 10:43 AM
Last Post: ItsComplicated

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.