Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Ok, got as far as Section B #2 and then ran into a dead end when scanning network for FlashAir device failed to detect the device.  What did I do wrong?

It appears that the OSCAR format took over for the SleepyHead format, correct?

Please advise.

Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
It might help if you posted a copy on the config file you created.
Mine looks like this:

Code:
[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=10.13.115.120        ← Change to the fixed IP you want
Subnet_Mask=255.255.255.0        
Default_Gateway=10.13.115.1        ← Change to your router IP
Preferred_DNS_Server=10.13.115.1    ← Change to your router IP

[VENDOR]

VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ← Unique ID number, don’t change
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPSSID=MyWiFi            ← Your WiFi name
APPNETWORKKEY=MyPassword    ← Your WiFi password
APPNAME=resmedfa            ← Name for your FlashAir card
APPMODE=5        ← Important: this must be set to 5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

I have mine setup with Mac and made an updated pdf with instructions.  But if your set on using Win10 it may not be any help.

.pdf   FlashAir.pdf (Size: 130.73 KB / Downloads: 8)
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 01:33 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: It might help if you posted a copy on the config file you created.
Mine looks like this:

Code:
[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=10.13.115.120        ← Change to the fixed IP you want
Default_Gateway=10.13.115.1        ← Change to your router IP
Preferred_DNS_Server=10.13.115.1    ← Change to your router IP

[VENDOR]

VERSION=F15DBW3BW4.00.04
CID=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    ← Unique ID number, don’t change
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPSSID=MyWiFi            ← Your WiFi name
APPNETWORKKEY=MyPassword    ← Your WiFi password
APPNAME=resmedfa            ← Name for your FlashAir card
APPMODE=5        ← Important: this must be set to 5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

I have mine setup with Mac and made an updated pdf with instructions.  But if your set on using Win10 it may not be any help.

I have it loaded in Win10 because OSCAR is there.

[Image: leWrFku.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
You left out all the IP and DNS settings.  Look at mine under [WLANSD].  Doesn't matter if your using Mac or Windows.  You need to get the info from the network your using. Probably something like 192.168.1.###

Also, on the last line yours has settings separated by commas on the same line.  I'm not even sure if those will work with the FlashAir.  Try moving them to their own individual lines.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 02:42 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: You left out all the IP and DNS settings.  Look at mine under [WLANSD].  Doesn't matter if your using Mac or Windows.  You need to get the info from the network your using. Probably something like 192.168.1.###

Also, on the last line yours has settings separated by commas on the same line.  I'm not even sure if those will work with the FlashAir.  Try moving them to their own individual lines.

[Image: 4DeaaTH.png][Image: W8DL0Me.png]
[Image: FNAjfWo.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry, I should have been more clear....
You left out your IP and DNS settings in your FlashAir config file.
Code:
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=10.13.115.120        ← Change to the fixed IP you want
Default_Gateway=10.13.115.1        ← Change to your router IP
Preferred_DNS_Server=10.13.115.1    ← Change to your router IP
In other words.... make your config file look like the one I posted earlier but with the info for your network.  You should assign the Flashair an IP address outside your DHCP range so there is no conflict with other network devices.
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 03:09 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Sorry, I should have been more clear....
You left out your IP and DNS settings in your FlashAir config file.
Code:
DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=10.13.115.120        ← Change to the fixed IP you want
Default_Gateway=10.13.115.1        ← Change to your router IP
Preferred_DNS_Server=10.13.115.1    ← Change to your router IP
In other words.... make your config file look like the one I posted earlier but with the info for your network.  You should assign the Flashair an IP address outside your DHCP range so there is no conflict with other network devices.

I followed the instructions:

A. Preparing the new Wireless SD card
1. Install in your computer card reader a Toshiba FlashAir III W03 16GB Wireless SD Memory Card  (PFW016U-1CCW) available from Amazon and eBay.  If available, Toshiba FlashAir III W03 8GB Wireless SD Memory Card is good.  Both are priced about $25.
2. Go to Control Panel, Folder Options, View and select “Show hidden files, folders . . .” Click Apply and OK.
3. Go to and open Computer (My Computer), select the SD’s card drive and open it.
4. Open SD_WLAN, then open the CONFIG file using Notepad.
5. Change APPMODE value from 4 to 5 and change APPNETWORKKEY value from ******** to your LAN Network Security Key (a.k.a SSID Security Key/password a.k.a. your ISP Network Key) provided by your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
6. Add the following line items to the column: APPNAME=FlashAir, APPSSID=NNNNN, LOCK=1, DNSMODE=1, APPAUTOTIME=0, UPLOAD=1, NOISE_CANCEL=2
7. Change APPSSID value from NNNNN to your home WiFi Network’s Name.  Click File and Save.  Click File again and Exit.

Are these revised instructions? Nowhere does it say to add what your saying. Huh . This is already beyond my level of knowledge and should not be this complex. Oh-jeez
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 03:26 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: Are these revised instructions? Nowhere does it say to add what your saying. Huh . This is already beyond my level of knowledge and should not be this complex. Oh-jeez

Well, I gathered my info from reading hundreds of posts across different threads.  The post you are referencing is from 2015 so, yeah, things have changed.    You may want to look into some of the more recent posts in that thread.  You can also search the forum for FlashAir, I have seen a number of different threads discussing it.  You can also read through the pdf I posted.  Sure, it's for Mac and some commands would be different, but the procedure is similar enough for Win10 that it may answer a question or two.  There are a lot more Windows users than Mac here so they may have revised instructions in a post somewhere.

The config file I posted is my working version and is fairly typical for more recent setups.   My windows is pretty rusty these days...

To get you started, figure out your DHCP by using your browser to log into your router. In your case the router is 192.168.0.1
Login and find your DHCP settings and see what the "range" and "Start" numbers are.  We can go from there....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-12-2020, 04:08 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote:
(10-12-2020, 03:26 AM)MCS2014 Wrote: Are these revised instructions? Nowhere does it say to add what your saying. Huh . This is already beyond my level of knowledge and should not be this complex. Oh-jeez

Well, I gathered my info from reading hundreds of posts across different threads.  The post you are referencing is from 2015 so, yeah, things have changed.    You may want to look into some of the more recent posts in that thread.  You can also search the forum for FlashAir, I have seen a number of different threads discussing it.  You can also read through the pdf I posted.  Sure, it's for Mac and some commands would be different, but the procedure is similar enough for Win10 that it may answer a question or two.  There are a lot more Windows users than Mac here so they may have revised instructions in a post somewhere.

The config file I posted is my working version and is fairly typical for more recent setups.   My windows is pretty rusty these days...

To get you started, figure out your DHCP by using your browser to log into your router. In your case the router is 192.168.0.1
Login and find your DHCP settings and see what the "range" and "Start" numbers are.  We can go from there....

Thanks for taking the time to walk me though this stuff, I am out of my league. Don't know if this is what you're looking for:
[Image: NqkZAPU.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Your ISP has the whole range selected.  No big deal, we can change that.

In the IPv4 section you can change the "DHCP Ending Address" to 245 and click Save.  

Dont change anything else.  You may need to reboot the router/modem to make sure it changes.  Which means you will get knocked offline for a minute or two.  Wouldn't be a bad idea to reboot your computers/devices also.

Next yoou will need to edit the Flashair config file.  I will use your info below:

Code:
[WLANSD]

DHCP_Enabled=NO
IP_Address=192.168.0.250
Default_Gateway=192.168.0.1
Preferred_DNS_Server=192.168.0.1

[VENDOR]

VERSION=FA9CAW3AW3.00.01
CID=02544d535731364740d231dd79010a01
PRODUCT=FlashAir
APPSSID=NETGEAR5309
APPNETWORKKEY=**************
APPNAME=FlashAir
APPMODE=5
APPAUTOTIME=0
DNSMODE=1
UPLOAD=1
NOISE_CANCEL=2
LOCK=1
WEBDAV=1
TIMEZONE=-16

You will need to type in your wifi password next to "APPNETWORKKEY=" anytime you edit the config file.  Delete the line of asterisk and add you password, you should see it in plain text.

After the config file is saved, eject the SD card properly (don't just yank it out).

Then put the FlashAir into your CPAP machine and give it a minute or two.

Open your File Manager and click "Map Network Drive" then enter the info below:

And hopefully you will have a connection between you computer and the Flashair in your CPAP machine.

We can go into transferring files after we make sure this works first.....
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 83 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 247 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 542 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,238 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.