Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Playing the devil's advocate, are you sure you have the write tab enabled (tab forward)?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2020, 02:40 PM)Jeff8356 Wrote: That's very strange!

Do you happen to have a standard SD card around (2GB-32GB, non-FlashAir)?  If you do, then try using that tonight instead of the FlashAir card and let's see if it records data and can be imported into OSCAR tomorrow.

Am getting the following when I used the standard card:

For Win10 version  - 

I was previously using 32 bit version, had no problems, then when I added the mac version for the Toshiba card, it gave me this:

[Image: uVoYbqK.png]
So I downloaded 64 bit version. Now, getting this (card is inserted and shouldn't be asking me this):
[Image: 3WRYCim.png]

And for mac version, now getting this:
[Image: msjFFSm.png]
When clicking on Move to Trash,  says “OSCAR” could not be moved to Trash. Please move this item to the trash manually.

Am totally lost. I don't even know how to start over.

Also - why am I not getting alerts for responses to my posts in my inbox any longer???
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-19-2020, 02:43 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: Playing the devil's advocate, are you sure you have the write tab enabled (tab forward)?
For what? Sorry, have no idea what this is for...
Post Reply Post Reply
SD cards have a little sliding switch on the left side of the card.  If you have it in the back position it will not allow data to be written to the card but the data on the card can be read.  If it is in the forward position data can be written and read from the card.  Here is an image of the positions:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27480]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2020, 06:19 PM)MCS2014 Wrote: Am getting the following when I used the standard card:

For Win10 version  - 

I was previously using 32 bit version, had no problems, then when I added the mac version for the Toshiba card, it gave me this:

The warning is that you are using and older version of OSCAR (1.1.1).  One of your machines still has the older version installed.  Backup your OSCAR_Data then delete the older version of OSCAR.

So I downloaded 64 bit version. Now, getting this (card is inserted and shouldn't be asking me this):
The new 64 bit install needs to know where your SD card is.  Just click "Choose Folder" and tell it!  It will remember after that.

When clicking on Move to Trash,  says “OSCAR” could not be moved to Trash. Please move this item to the trash manually.
This is normal on Mac's these days.  Apple wants everyone to become "Identified Developers" which costs $$$.  It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the file.
On your Mac, use Finder and go the the folder where you downloaded OSCAR (usually Downloads).  Right click on the OSCAR dmg file, a little context window will popup.  Select "Open".  The Mac install instructions are in the readme file, just double click it.

You would need to delete all the different versions of OSCAR and start from scratch.
If you decide to go this route I would recommend that you stick with one OS to start.  Get everything working on that OS first, then go onto the second OS.  Things can often get confusing when trying to troubleshoot two different operating systems at the same time.

Also - why am I not getting alerts for responses to my posts in my inbox any longer???
You can either change the settings in your UserCP (very top of this page on the right), or next time you reply to this message scroll down a little further and select "Subscribe and receive email notifications of new replies"
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-20-2020, 06:39 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: SD cards have a little sliding switch on the left side of the card.  If you have it in the back position it will not allow data to be written to the card but the data on the card can be read.  If it is in the forward position data can be written and read from the card.  Here is an image of the positions:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=27480]

Yes, am familiar with this; whenever I would remove the standard card from the machine, I would slide it down so it would write protect my data when putting it into the computer to read only, and vice versa when I removed it from the computer and put it back into the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-21-2020, 08:27 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote:
(10-20-2020, 06:19 PM)MCS2014 Wrote: Am getting the following when I used the standard card:

For Win10 version  - 

The warning is that you are using and older version of OSCAR (1.1.1).  One of your machines still has the older version installed.  Backup your OSCAR_Data then delete the older version of OSCAR.

The new 64 bit install needs to know where your SD card is.  Just click "Choose Folder" and tell it!  It will remember after that.

This is normal on Mac's these days.  Apple wants everyone to become "Identified Developers" which costs $$$.  It doesn't mean there is anything wrong with the file.
On your Mac, use Finder and go the the folder where you downloaded OSCAR (usually Downloads).  Right click on the OSCAR dmg file, a little context window will popup.  Select "Open".  The Mac install instructions are in the readme file, just double click it.

You would need to delete all the different versions of OSCAR and start from scratch.
If you decide to go this route I would recommend that you stick with one OS to start.  Get everything working on that OS first, then go onto the second OS.  Things can often get confusing when trying to troubleshoot two different operating systems at the same time.

You can either change the settings in your UserCP (very top of this page on the right), or next time you reply to this message scroll down a little further and select "Subscribe and receive email notifications of new replies"

UPDATE:
Uninstalled OSCAR on both mac and win10 versions and reinstalled mac only. Looks like I was able to get it to work, however, it appears it only recorded what was on the STANDARD card when I last had it loaded in my DreamStation machine which was on October 21. Nothing was recorded after that when the Toshiba card was in the machine:
[Image: mGUVOKr.png]

[Image: jaXjEdT.png]

At least I got back to this point.

Also, this window popped up. Should I download it?
[Image: pRTpD0R.png]

Now what?
Post Reply Post Reply
I just tried a test of about 10 min on the Toshiba card and nothing got recorded.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well, it nothing is being recorded to the card then either the card is write protected, or your machine may be malfunctioning.
Double check the card with Explorer and see what the most recent files written to it were.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-26-2020, 02:22 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Well, it nothing is being recorded to the card then either the card is write protected, or your machine may be malfunctioning.
Double check the card with Explorer and see what the most recent files written to it were.
I'm using the mac version. How do I check on Explorer?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 86 Yesterday, 01:07 AM
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 247 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 293 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,634 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 542 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,031 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,239 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.