Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
Last couple days, lost connection, 192.168.0.250 doesn't login, don't know what happened. Lost. Running Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7. Please advise.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running anything else on your network, like streaming video? I often have to temporarily disable my wireless security cameras before connecting to FlashPAP.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2020, 03:13 AM)Sheepish Wrote: Are you running anything else on your network, like streaming video? I often have to temporarily disable my wireless security cameras before connecting to FlashPAP.

Nothing.
Post Reply Post Reply
Open Terminal on your Mac and type the following command:

Code:
ping -c4 192.168.0.250

Post the results
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If your router, that serves as your Wi-Fi access point, was rebooted then your FlashAir can lose its connection. The reboot can occur if you have an automatic update option is tuned on your router. Another thought is if your FlashAir's IP is within the DHCP range on the router. Some routers will purge (renew) the entire IP range periodically. Make sure that you have this IP outside of DHCP range.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Try removing the card from the CPAP machine and then put it back in the machine. That will reboot the software on the card and may fix the problem.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2020, 09:34 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: Open Terminal on your Mac and type the following command:

Code:
ping -c4 192.168.0.250

Post the results

[Image: 7oQaJhS.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
One packet out of 4 isn't good.  It sounds like you either have a weak or interference in your signal.  Is there a microwave or 2.4GHz home phone in between the FlashAir and your access point?  How far away is your card from your access point?  30 feet is usually the maximum.  Also, the FlashAir only negotiates its handshake with the access point during the FlashAir's boot up.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
I would say to try the suggestion that @GuyScharf made and remove the FlashAir card from your xPAP. Wait a few minutes, then put it back in your xPAP. Then try running that ping command again and see if you still get packet loss.

@Crimson Nape also has some good points with distance and interference. The closer your xPAP is to your Wireless Access Point the better for your FlashAir.
Also, if you have a lot of neighbors who run WiFi you can be getting interference from that also. Crowded WiFi channels can lead to all kinds of WiFi issues. And the FlashAir is a low power unit so it's not hard to come across unexpected issues from interference.
Many of those Smart IoT devices (plugs, thermostats, etc.) are 2.4g also. If you have any of those near your xPAP try disconnecting them and see if it works better.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-05-2020, 03:04 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: One packet out of 4 isn't good.  It sounds like you either have a weak or interference in your signal.  Is there a microwave or 2.4GHz home phone in between the FlashAir and your access point?  How far away is your card from your access point?  30 feet is usually the maximum.  Also, the FlashAir only negotiates its handshake with the access point during the FlashAir's boot up.

Never had this problem before. I've moved my DW machine to different outlets in the house, the closest  (~6' away) still varies in packet loss from 0.00 to 50%. Is it supposed to be 0.00% continuously? I had the machine in a bedroom well over 30' away and past a microwave, but it worked consistently until the other day. When I move it back to the bedroom, I get 100% packet loss. Why this sudden signal loss? Also, why would my profile disappear?
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 71 5 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 240 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 288 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,023 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.