Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
It sounds to me like you 2.4 network is heavily congested. Devices like the FlashAir are more susceptible to congestion because of their low power and small antennas.

Some things to try:
In your router's WiFi (2.4 Ghz) setup, ensure the Channel Bandwidth is set to 20 and not 40. A narrower bandwidth will get more packets through with less chance of interference from neigbring channels.

Take your Channel off of Auto and manually set it to 1, 6 or 11.  The two edge channels are preferable because there is less chance of their being neighbouring 2.4 WiFi devices.

To see if 1, 6, or 11 is preferable, set your channel to one of them, issue a few ping commands and note your success rate. Then repeat.

If your router has a Transmit Power setting, increase it to 100%
If your router has a Guest Network, turn it off, all that does is contribute to more congestion.

Bluetooth Devices and some Wireless Phones also use the 2.4 GHz frequency, so note if you have any Bluetooth speakers or other devices and turn them off.
Post Reply Post Reply
Dog Slobber makes some good points. The FlashAir will only operate on a 20Mhz bandwidth. A nearby Bluetooth device will kill the FlashAir's connection. I learned this the hard way when I tried connecting my cellphone to my oximeter while sitting next to my CPAP. Also, a lot of people now keep their Bluetooth turned on so it will sync with their vehicle's system. They then have it next to their bed at night.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another possibility is someone else has a smart router and changed their channels to maximize their connectivity. Too bad if that interferes with you. It seems to happen to me several times per year. Basically I had to do the same thing, (search for clear channels) and my connectivity problems go away (for a while). This was for my network as a whole.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you have a laptop with WiFi available you could use an app like NetSpot or inSSIDer to do a survey of your WiFi environment. Will show you which channels are being used and how strong the signal is. Could help narrow down any offending wifi networks, either yours or a neighbors.
I believe they both still have free trials.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There is a free app for Android (and probably iPhones) named "Wifi Analyzer" that I use for aiming antennas and looking at the airwave/channel loads. You can set it to monitor either 2.4 or 5Ghz signals. If you decide to use it, select the "Channel Graph" view. It will display the SSID, signal strength, channel number, and bandwidth of all area signals.

I hope this might help.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
(11-06-2020, 08:51 AM)Dog Slobber Wrote: It sounds to me like you 2.4 network is heavily congested. Devices like the FlashAir are more susceptible to congestion because of their low power and small antennas.

Some things to try:
In your router's WiFi (2.4 Ghz) setup, ensure the Channel Bandwidth is set to 20 and not 40. A narrower bandwidth will get more packets through with less chance of interference from neigbring channels.

Take your Channel off of Auto and manually set it to 1, 6 or 11.  The two edge channels are preferable because there is less chance of their being neighbouring 2.4 WiFi devices.

To see if 1, 6, or 11 is preferable, set your channel to one of them, issue a few ping commands and note your success rate. Then repeat.

If your router has a Transmit Power setting, increase it to 100%
If your router has a Guest Network, turn it off, all that does is contribute to more congestion.

Bluetooth Devices and some Wireless Phones also use the 2.4 GHz frequency, so note if you have any Bluetooth speakers or other devices and turn them off.

Again, am unable to login to from my IP address 192.168.0.250. Just hangs.
Post Reply Post Reply
Something to try....
Unplug your xPAP and move it closer the your WiFi access point. Plug it back in and wait a few minutes. Then see if you can connect to your xPAP again.
It sounds like you are getting way too much interference which is cutting down the ability of your FlashPap to reach your WAP. It doesn't take much to make a signal unusable.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
If I recall correctly, a member from "Down Under" experienced the same problem a few years ago. He solved his connection problem by using an SD extender cable. The cable is somewhat ugly looking thing, using a ribbon cable, about 3 feet (1 m) long, and has an SD card male on one end and card slot on the other.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
SD extender cable, something like this?

[Image: stDAjTt.jpg?1]
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's the thing. If you Google it, you'll find it widely available for starting at around six bucks.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 233 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 301 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 323 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,681 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 563 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,078 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,294 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.