Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Monitoring data wirelessly
RE: Monitoring data wirelessly
After that, did you click on the "CPAP Importer" (it's the icon with the SD card)?
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 02:22 AM)Sheepish Wrote: After that, did you click on the "CPAP Importer" (it's the icon with the SD card)?

Yes. Same thing. It goes through likes it's loading the new data, but there's no new data loaded.

[Image: 00A5s0v.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
As stated earlier in the instructions,  you may need to tell OSCAR where the new location is.
In the window screenshot you posted click the "Select" button and OSCAR will let you choose a different folder.  Choose that FlashAirData folder you created in your Downloads folder.

Then click the "CPAP Import" icon in the OSCAR "Welcome" tab like you normally would.

Then on a daily basis, after your xPAP session is over, you can double-click the CopyCPAP icon.  It will trigger the import from your FLashAir card and copy the data to FlashAirData folder in your Downloads folder.  OSCAR should then open and have the new location memorized so you would just click the "CPAP Import" icon.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently upgraded to Big Sur and promptly lost my access to my FlashAir card. I made sure that I had the latest available Java version and JDK, but FlashPap will not work. I liked Jeff's setup with ScriptEditor and rsync- no more JAVA needed. Unfortunately despite my efforts, I can't connect with my router running the CPAPCopy app that I created on my desktop. I get errors that CopyCPAP can't connect to the router. I double checked and confirmed the correct fixed IP MAC address for FlashAir. Within the Apple's ScriptEditor, I careful made the three needed ScriptEditor edits to Jeff's template (the FlashAir's IP address, User CPAP files location, and Oscar Location to "Applications", and saved CopyCPAP as an application on my desktop. Unfortunately, it will not connect with my router, even though it had flawlessly connected using FlashPap prior to Big Sur. I can successfully ping the FlashAir card in the Resmed using my browser- see attached image. I reviewed the FlashAir config.ini file to verify. I tried it using my app "name" rather than the dedicated FlashAir MAC address, without success. I can still successfully transfer the latest CPAP files directly into Oscar using the laptop's card reader. I attached an image of the successful ping within the browser to the FlashAir card in the ResMed. Any suggestions to resolve this issue? Thanks

Here is my Script with my name x'd out

##1 Enter you FlashAir card name or IP address below (between the quotes " ")
set diskName to "192.168.0.150"
#
##2 Enter the location you want your xPAP data transferred to (between the quotes " "). The folder (directory) must already exist
set copyLocation to "/Users/rxxxxxxx/Documents/FlashPap/"
#
##3 Enter the location of OSCAR.app, by default it's /Applications
set oscarLocation to "/Applications"
#
#Do not change anything below here
#Mount the FlashAir card and make sure it shows up in /Volumes
try
mount volume "http://" & diskName
repeat until diskName is in (do shell script "ls /Volumes")
delay 0.2
end repeat
on error e
display dialog "An error occured: " & e
end try
#
#Open Terminal and use rsync to copy FlashAir to computer or NAS
tell application "Terminal"
activate
do script "rsync -avz /Volumes/" & diskName & "/" & " " & copyLocation in window 1
end tell
#Pause the app until rsync is finished
set isBusy to true
repeat until isBusy is false
tell application "Terminal"
tell window 1
set isBusy to busy as boolean --> Test if busy
end tell
end tell
delay 1 --> Check every second
end repeat
delay 1
#Unmount FlashAir so we don't accidently change anything on the card
do shell script "diskutil unmount /Volumes/" & diskName
delay 1
do shell script "open" & " " & oscarLocation & "/OSCAR.app"
quit application "Terminal"
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
First thing that I would try is to use Finder and try to connect using Command+K (connect to server) just to see if it works.  You should us the ip address as such: http://192.168.150 which should give you a WebDAV connection to the FlashAir card in Finder.

Next might be a permissions issue in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy      You may need to manually allow the CopyCPAP.app to access folders and drives.

I assume the FlashPAP directory already exists in your Documents folder?
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-02-2020, 08:42 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: As stated earlier in the instructions,  you may need to tell OSCAR where the new location is.
In the window screenshot you posted click the "Select" button and OSCAR will let you choose a different folder.  Choose that FlashAirData folder you created in your Downloads folder.

Then click the "CPAP Import" icon in the OSCAR "Welcome" tab like you normally would.

Then on a daily basis, after your xPAP session is over, you can double-click the CopyCPAP icon.  It will trigger the import from your FLashAir card and copy the data to FlashAirData folder in your Downloads folder.  OSCAR should then open and have the new location memorized so you would just click the "CPAP Import" icon.

Okay after a bit of trial & error, but I got it to finally update to the most recent reading.  Thanks

Only thing is  - it seems like a lot more steps than when java worked, but I guess this is the only viable workaround until java updates to make it compatible with Big Sur. It seems that every time there's an os update, one or more non-Apple applications no longer work.

So now, must work on a streamlining the daily protocol. Is there a way to put CopyCPAP on my dock so I don't have to keep going into the folder every time?
Post Reply Post Reply
Both FlashPAP and Jeff's code do the same thing. FlashPAP hides a lot of what you are now seeing. Jeff's code is based on commands that have been in the OS since its conception. I would expect it to execute forever.

Good job, Jeff! Well-done
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
@MCS2014 - It may initially be a little more work for first time setup, but after that it's just double clicking the icon.  It was never meant to be anything more than a simple script to do most of the work for you.  The end result is, it works and you can still get your xPAP data wirelessly.
As far as getting it on your Dock.... you can treat CopyCPAP.app like any other app on your Mac, including dragging it onto your Dock.

And for OS updates breaking things.... It's been that way since the beginning of computers!!!  Windows, MacOS, Linux, DOS, it doesn't matter!  It may get fixed soon in an update, it may never get fixed.  Nobody knows for sure.  So we improvise to get by.  Smile

@Crimson Nape - Thanks Red  Coffee
Jeff8356

How to Links:
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-03-2020, 12:09 AM)Jeff8356 Wrote: First thing that I would try is to use Finder and try to connect using Command+K (connect to server) just to see if it works.  You should us the ip address as such: http://192.168.150 which should give you a WebDAV connection to the FlashAir card in Finder.

When I use the browser and enter http://192.168.150, I get the FlashAir Card (view only, as in the previously posted image. I'm assuming this is WedDav? Using Finder and Command+K entering http://192.168.150 gives me an error (can't connect to server, contact administrator).

Next might be a permissions issue in System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy      You may need to manually allow the CopyCPAP.app to access folders and drives.

I manually set the permissions as above to allow CopyPAP.app to access folders and drives.

I assume the FlashPAP directory already exists in your Documents folder? Yes

Frustrating. These were great suggestions. Can't figure out why it would work previously with FlashPap/Java and not the Mac Script. Any other ideas? Thanks!
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you specify the WebDAV parameter (WEBDAV=2) in the FlashAir CONFIG file?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 1 75 11 hours ago
Last Post: Ibrumley
  Intermittent use of C-PAP machine and OSCAR monitoring Thanassis 6 245 02-27-2024, 10:52 AM
Last Post: Thanassis
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 289 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,628 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Import OSCAR data wirelessly LikeaGlove90 0 541 11-14-2023, 01:13 AM
Last Post: LikeaGlove90
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,026 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66
  Can OSCAR download data wirelessly clownbell 5 3,235 04-27-2022, 12:24 PM
Last Post: TennisTom

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.